Moving to London for a year.. Any advice even if you aren't from London?

So basically am I being stupid. I've decided I'm bored with my life here and would like to move to London. I've never been anywhere in my life as far as out of America, actually I haven't been out of my small town here in Nebraska. Am I making a mistake by jumping up to move to a new country? If so can you give me an alternative, If not can you give me advice about London and what to expect? :) Thanks
  • Not a good idea
    Vote A
  • Go for it, couldn't hurt
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• While I understand the boredom of being in one place for too long, moving to another country on a whim seems like a pretty brash move. If you really want to see London, maybe you should simply VISIT it for a little while; take a mini-vacation. Sometimes a vacation is really all we need, anyway. Besides, moving to another country (one that you haven't even been to) is just rife with problems. You haven't done any research on it, you don't know how they do things there, and you don't have any plans for what you'll do there. In short, it's not the kind of thing you do on a whim.

However, being bored of your hometown is reasonable. I suggest some traveling. It'll both help get you over your boredom, as well as give you new insights about possible places you may want to move to. I can't emphasis enough the benefits of traveling! :) I have traveled a lot growing up (parents were in the military) and I absolutely love it! Everyone needs a little adventure in their lives...but don't mix "adventure" up with "recklessness". Just because you want to see the world, doesn't mean you need to jump into something you aren't prepared for. When you move somewhere, make sure you know about it first! :)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• It's always good to experience other cultures, other ways of looking at the world. Britain isn't all that warm and hospitable to foreigners in general, but if you're going to do this, do it now while you are young.

1|0
    0|0
  • Moving and travelling is a great idea, just not London.

First and foremost, the food there is horrible - the leftovers I feed my dog is better than the average meal you'll find there. Secondly, the weather is absolutely depressing - if you're there because you're not happy with anything at all, it'll just make everything worse.

You're still young, so I'd suggest places like Europe, Australia, Asia, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go for it! It's London for heaven's sake. Just be really careful with your belongings and don't roam about on your own at night. Apart from that you're set.

0|0
    0|0
  • I live in London.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I'm in the same boat. I'd love to try life in England.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• life is london is quite expensive

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes