I can't stop thinking about having a new boyfriend. I need help?

So my boyfriend broke up with me about a month and a half ago. I've come to the conclusion that I don't think I really liked him that much and that I was just into the idea of him. I want to really meet someone new now and that I will really like. I can't stop thinking about it. Wherever I go and I see guys, I think about whether or not they are good looking or not and if they look like my type. I don't know if its just me who does this or not and if its normal. I think I was like this anyway even before my ex-boyfriend I would do this all the time. I feel like it annoys me though. Any advice?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not abnormal but it is unhealthy. You're right, you're in love with the idea of having a boyfriend, which doesn't necessitate liking the person who has the title. As much as being a trophy husband sounds really awesome to me for you it will only cause you trouble. Advice? First note that you're in love with an ideal. Then note that this is unhealthy and pointless and will lead you only to pain. Then decide consciously and subconsciously that it's not worth it. Then train against the thought.

It's a lot of work. Odds are high you won't do it. I hope someone else comes along and gives you an easier alternative like "OMG JUST BUY AN ESCORT!"