How can I stop obsessing over my ex boyfriend ?

i can't stop checking his twitter and fb multiple times a day. its been 6 months and I just can't get him off my mind :( any advice ?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not going to get over him if you're going to keep stalking his social profiles... it will never get better then. You'll have to delete him, block him and do everything you can do forget about him. That's the only way at this point. I mean it's been 6 months and clearly you're current game plan isn't working so it's time to change that. Like I said, keeping him there and constantly reminding your brain of him by going ton his fb profile will never make it better. It will make it worse. If you delete him, you'll likely be over him much quicker than you think. Why? Because time heals all wounds but if you leave your wounds out and keep adding salt to them every time you check out his profile, it will never have time to heal. Take the step and go for it. You'll be so glad you did in the long run, I promise.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for BA! I hope you find peace soon and that you'll take care of yourself.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• time will heal all pain and MOVE ON! you can't move on until you let yourself go!

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• It may not sound good, but it worked for me: think about every negative thing you can about him. Remember all the things about him that you didn't like, why he wouldn't make a good boyfriend, why he is the wrong person for you. Think about things he did that he could have done better but didn't. Basically, focus on the negatives of his personality and you can find yourself accepting that you're not together anymore because it's for the best.

2|1
    0|0
  • 6 months of stalking will get you obsessed what happened to living your life. Deleting him from such social networks if it is so hard for you to avoid stalking him

1|0
    0|0
  • try making new friends, not necessary guys, but girls friends. finding new hobby s like running, part time job, volunteering, etc. in other words do something productive to occupy your time!

2|0
    0|0
  • That's normal. You have to delete him as a friend.

I did this, but I still go back to check it from time to time. I do so because he has a picture of us as his profile picture and his status still states that we're in a relationship. It's hard to see, but it's going to be harder when I see that he changed everything. he told me he would but still has not.

Try to stay busy. Don't keep researching wondering what he's doing. It will drive you crazy. I am feeling the same way right now. It's been a week and a half for me and we haven't spoken at all. Life is like this. Just takes time to clear your head. If it's not meant to be, you'll eventually realize it, but it takes time.

2|0
    0|0
  • find a new guys to obsses about

0|0
    0|0
  • try to keep busy

1|0
    0|0
  • You CAN get him off of you mind...you just keep perpetuating thoughts.So if you want to stop...then...STOP.

1|0
    0|0
  • stop looking at those and just try to date other guys.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes