How to deal with girls who like to play guys?

I know one girl whom lots of guys like UNTIL they make a move. She flirts with all of them but when they make a move she says "we are just friends".

Updates:
Thanks for all the valuable advice. I haven't talked to her since posting this thread. Since then she contacted me a few times at one point asking me why am I mad at her and if she done something bad but I constantly been busy. Today I finally gave in and said we gonna hang out next week. Not sure whether I should or not

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• In the dating game people at first play the field in a light and fun way without making any commitments, when girls (or guys) do this they are just trying to figure out what kind of person they could really settle for in future, it's just the safest way to do it I mean I doubt you will appreciate her dating you only for her to hurt you then break up with you telling you your just not right for each other, some girls are actually not THAT shallow, so you should be thankful she didn't actually try to date you lol take it as a positive thing that she is actually trying to figure herself out first :P.

0|0
    0|0
    • She could also just be a really friendly person and guys mistake it for flirting, I see that too much these days from guys lol silly really... I am a nice girl and guys regularly mistake it for flirting and when I tell them I am not interested they kinda flip and try to say I was flirting with them :\ umm... yeh... no I was just treating them like an actual human being. It seems people have got too used to people being nasty to them though that they wonder what we want from them.

• Show All
    • i told her I don't reject the whole "i'm friendly" thing, but I asked her to explain to me what would be some diff things she does to people she likes and those she sees as friends. She blocked, then said there's nothing to explain, turned around and left which seemed kind of rude. Now she does the same things over again.

so I'm asking you what kind of behavior do you see as "just being friendly" and what are some things you do diff with those you like ?!

• It sounds like they really were being friendly dude because they got offended and saw that you were confused about it but I do understand why there would be some anger there because when someone is just being nice they don't want you to start over thinking it and asking why they are talking to to you? what' for?, they were just simply being nice and yes that does get me quite annoyed too thanks to idiots making people think this way. The last girl just started screwing with you eventually.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• How do you deal with girls who play guys? Don't get involved with them. Deny her the attention she craves, it will drive her crazy. Those types of girls hate that, they will then compete for your attention. Don't give them the satisfaction. Go for a girl who treats you right and won't play with your emotions.

0|0
    0|0
  • theres nothing to deal with. if you like someone, they dint want a relationship, then you move on. imo that's why its best to let your interest be known early on. maybe not jump into a relationship. but at least find out if its a possibility, if not bye bye. no time wasted.

0|0
    0|0
  • She is looking for her type. That might just be for attention or her personality. I am super nice and funny and guy thinks I like them. I did majored in a class with 95% male but I just a happy, free-spirited kid so I think it might be personality. I have a type and I am looking for that type.

0|0
    0|0
    • Looking for her type? The only guys that chick in the (OP question) goes after is probably the jerks.

• I am looking for someone who have father material type similar to adopted dad (kind, funny, caring, and can provide for the family). My parent divorced when I was young and it causes to reevaluate marriage as an institution. However, I was lucky to be adopted into my friend family. My adopted parent gave me hope that love exist and that they love each other after 20 years together. Don't judge a girl if she has standard. If she hits on often, don't you think she has options?

• Dont deal with her, just avoid her and spend time with other girls. If she likes you and is jealous you will see it.

0|0
    0|0
  • you cant, you just have to be smart about seeing what she really wants

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell her you're dating two other girls at the same time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes ignore her, she enjoy the attention , don't give her any and she will :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Pfft, ignore her.

0|2
    0|0
  • Ego and need for attention/ approval

1|0
    0|0
  • Play their game and be one step ahead

0|0
    1|1
  • IGNORE them, they HATE that!

0|1
    0|0
  • well just ignore her you can't say anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • well just keep yourslef out of it. I know a girl like that too, but we can't do anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Play them at their own game

0|0
    1|1
  • Then never make a move on her since you already see what she is about.

0|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Ignore her flirting and she will decide quickly she will have to have you. She can't imaige that not every guy wants her, when she runs across one that dosnt fall all her, she is likely to become attracted to him. Strange but true?

0|0
    0|0
  • Its possible she does it for attention.

Its also possible she's fallen into the habit of being friendly/flirty as her default way of interacting with guys. She may not realize she's flirting, its how she always behaves around guys and they always appear to react well. This happens with a fair number of attractive girls. They think they are friendly and guys act nice to them so it seems like they're all friends. They don't realize the guys are interpreting it as more.

Anyway, the best way to deal with it is make a move, get shot down, move on with life.

2|0
    0|0
  • To make it easier on you, don't go after her... it's for the better.

I'm sort of in the same situation... it will cause you less pain, trust me.

0|0
    0|0
  • She likes to know she is desirable.

Men who think they are hot and are seen as attractive would do the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's doing it for attention.

Starve her!

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • get a good looking guy (because women are shallow and only want good looking guys ) to do the same

0|1
    1|0

Recommended myTakes