I feel like am never going to like anyone else?

This is radical but am planning on going solo for life.I broke up with my first boyfriend and love and I feel like he is the only one for me,if we can't be together I would rather be alone.I find it very hard to get attracted and date,this ex was the first guy I found myself attracted to and actually had feelings for and its not like he is hot or anything but I just really loved him.It's unfortunate he dumped me in a really f***ed up way but I will take him back if he ever comes back.What is wrong with me?I mean I rarely find anyone else interesting and once I tried just getting with this guy whom all my friends thought was really cool but I couldn't do it I dropped him after 4days because I felt guilty.Is this normal,what could be wrong with me?.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't force your sadness out of your mind because it won't go away if you do. Let yourself grieve over him, then accept that you two have broken up and are no longer together. Remember that there are a lot of guys like him out there, even if you don't believe it at the moment. Trust me on that one because I've totally been there. When you're ready, put yourself out there and resolve to be better than before. Because if he sees you and you're having the time of your life with another guy, he's going to realize what he just lost.

I've been in your situation. It was really tough for me to get over my first love... but eventually I found a replacement ... and he's more romantic than my ex. ;) You'll be fine, baby girl, there's nothing wrong with you;).

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• It is normal to feel this way and I know exactly how you feel. You have I take more time before you get back into dating. If you don't then you might just end up in a rebound situation which is terrible for both people. Take some time alone to improve yourself in anyway whether it be physically or mentally. Keep busy and just look around you and realize there are ton of attractive interesting people around. You feel this way now and it may seem like it will never go away but give it time and I promise you will feel otherwise in a matter if months. And then when you do find someone better you will start to wonder how you could've ever liked your ex. Best of luck :)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Time heals all wounds... this is really true. I've been where you are more than one time and I managed to get over that person but it took TIME. I know what it's like to feel like that one person is the only person for you but I promise this is not true. You can't close yourself off to love otherwise you'll end up unhappy in 10 years time knowing you could have missed out on someone who would have been even more wonderful to you. I'm not saying go out there and date... I'm saying give yourself time to get over him. Eventually you will but you will have to distance yourself from him no matter how hard it is. Trust me, I was where you are a year ago and I know the feeling. There's nothing wrong with you. What you're feeling is totally normal and a lot of people have been through but eventually move on. The mind is incredible and can just like the body who can heal itself, your mind can also heal and the pain becomes more bearable. You just need to believe it and truly want to move on. Mind over matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think its just a phase. I also thought I wouldn't like anybody else after a guy that made me go crazy ahah. time will let you feel normal again.

0|0
    0|0
  • i have been in your situation just try and take your mind off of it. don't force yourself to b enormal and let things change with time.

0|0
    0|0
  • You need time to get over him before you go out with somebody!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes