Someone breaks into your house with a weapon. you wake up and have a gun

do you shoot to kill if you get a clear shot?

Lets say the first shot doesn't kill but they can't run or fight back. Do you kill them?

for me yes in both scenarios

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• torture them, then kill!

0|1
    1|1
    • I like you! This is what I'd do

• Show All
    • yeah but shooting them is fine, but torturing them after is not. that's just wrong

• my mom was raped by an intruder I would show no mercy and think of that bastard while I'm torturing him or her...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• I wouldn't "shoot to kill" but yes I would shoot with the intention of disabling and hurting the criminal before he hurts me. I would then call the cops.

If my first shot doesn't kill him, I wouldn't shoot again, if he was on the ground, I would take his weapon and then duct tape is hands and ankles together and wait for the cops.

0|0
    0|1
  • Shoot to kill. Run up in my house like that and you can die. I can't with all these soft answers saying they would never do that. Most people who commit home invasions would kill you so they won't leave witnesses so why worry about their life?

0|0
    0|0
  • If someone breaks in, I let them know that I have a gun and will shoot them. If they're armed and obviously going to harm I shoot, not aiming to kill. However, if they do attack first, I shoot out of fear, and as a result, they die.

First shot doesn't kill, but they can't fight back then I call the police.

But in the heat of the moment, you put your life first and shoot to protect yourself, so that might even mean killing them

My step dad would probably just shoot to kill.

0|0
    0|0
  • well I can't say for sure how I'd react in shock-but I hope I'd threaten first,if they don't leave,shoot the hand with the weapon,if they attack,shoot the knee. never kill.

1|0
    0|0
  • Shoot first. Question later. In my state, I'm allowed to do so by law.

0|0
    0|0
    • I wouldn't shoot to kill. And if I hit them and they were unable to defend themselves, I would call the police and watch them until the police arrived.

• shot to kill I live in a country with the highest crime rate so if the criminal dies I won't lose sleep over it

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't shoot to kill them. I would shoot them to hurt them enough that they wouldn't hurt anyone and I would call the police.

0|0
    0|0
    • My advise is shoot to kill. Then the perp won't be able to sue you.

• i wouldn't shoot the person

0|0
    1|0
  • i would never kill anybody

0|0
    0|0
  • no I would just cover myself and show him I have a gun too

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I'll kill them then set the house on fire and leave all I have is illegal weapons. I'm not staying to talk to no cops with a dirty gun.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they are injured and fall unconscious, I wouldn't shoot again. If they are still conscious and they have the weapon in their hands or they are reaching for it, I'm shooting again. Can't risk them hurting me or anyone else in my home.

As far as shooting to kill, I can't say. I've never used a gun, so I don't know how good my aim is. I would just keep shooting until he was down and not moving towards anything. Whether they die or not shouldn't be my concern considering they had ill intentions coming in there in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
  • my thoughts are if you pull a gun out you should be expecting to kill the person with the first shot. if the person is still able to be a threat then you continue to shoot until there is no threat.

if you don't kill them but have eliminated their ability to do harm then you should stop. shooting a person who has already been incapacitated is potentially murder...

however if there are only the 2 of you then you are the only witness if you shoot again but detectives might be interested in knowing your reasoning for why there are different shot characteristics.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the intruder was incapacitated, no I wouldn't shoot again. I'd be worried about the law (especially in my country England, which often takes the criminal's side, though contrary to popular perception firearms aren't illegal, they're just HUGELY regulated). I'm also too nice for my own good really.

0|1
    0|0
    • They take the criminal's side even if the criminal was on YOUR property clearly intruding your home with a deadly weapon? That makes no sense at all.

• Show All
    • Pepper spray is illegal too. And Tasers. And knives that are too long. England is messed up.

• Of course hardened criminals can carry what they want.

Recommended myTakes