Is talking to other people while going through a divorce cheating?

we are still legally married and we are getting a divorce. My wife some how found out I made a new Facebook and I don't know how but she saw that I posted a comment on this girl I went to training with for my job and I said looking good cause of her new hair cut it does look good. She assumes because she is black that I am obsessed with black girls and I am not. I like them but no I am no obsessed.

I don't think it is cheating and in the legal sense its not adultery because there is no sexual intercourse so she claims I'm cheating and I will get into trouble but I wont. what do yall tink?
Updates:
well it is only talking nothing more infact the thing into question was a Facebook thing I posted on Facebook.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, you're going through the divorce, so there's generally a hefty assumption that you both no longer want to be together. I suppose it's *technically* cheating since you're still hitched, but I don't see the point in her being accusatory about it other than for the sake of getting a dig in.

Just brush it off...don't let it bother you. At this point, your relationship is water under the bridge so what you do from here on out is up to you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• It's not cheating because there was no sexual intercourse and you just made a compliment. Plus, you might be "together" but your relationship is over.

0|0
    0|0
  • she's trying to get the upper hand in the divorce-you're not cheating,but don't give her anything to grasp onto-be the perfect little husband just to piss her off.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you don't have feelings for each other anymore, you're not cheating. If I were you, I'd tell her to cut the bullsh*t. The thing she did there, was only pathetic.

0|1
    0|0
  • Your relationship is over if you're divorcing... I don't think anything counts as cheating in that respect.

0|0
    0|0
  • If your getting a divorce, how is that cheating?

0|0
    0|0
  • it isnt

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so

0|0
    0|0
  • It was just a compliment wasn't it? Even if you weren't going through a divorce, I'm pretty sure that a compliment or talking to another girl isn't cheating. You're not going on dates or anything yet right?

0|0
    0|0
    • im deployed right now. it was a comment of a girl I went to bct with 2 years who got a new hair style and I said looking good that is all and she blew it up into I'm cheating and the girl was black so she as always thought I loved black girls and its not even the case

• It's not cheating. Telling someone they look good is not cheating. She's being ridiculous. She's probably trying to get a lot out of the divorce and to make you look bad. Even if you weren't getting a divorce, and you were still happily married it wouldn't be cheating.

• Not in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • technically yes.

0|0
    0|0
    • in a legal sense no it is not

• not really

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• Not really, If you and your wife are getting a divorce, obviously you two aren't a couple anymore, the only thing that binds you as a couple are documents and legal papers.

So its not cheating but everyone has their stereotypical views on this topic.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are separated and working on the divorce, I don't ethically consider it cheating.

If you are in a jurisdiction where fault matters in a divorce, it may be a bad idea. If its a no-fault jurisdiction, just be honest with anyone involved.

0|0
    0|0
    • we are getting a no fault divorce. any ways I am not in he position to cheat I am deployed working a horrible shift and I sleep most of my time off. the only thing I cannot do legally is adultery which is not even an option period for my moral and legal

• ahhahaahaaa, I know what you mean, so many people think I have this obsession with black girls which cause a lot of problems in my relationship but it was never the case

0|0
    0|0
    • same thing I don't have an obsession and it got really annoying when that was all she would talk about

• Imo no it's not "cheating"...because although the marriage isn't completely severed yet, the "relationship" part of it is over, and because the marriage is in divorce process, this is not "adultery".

0|0
    0|0
    • no where close to adultery

• there's some ambiguity there. basically, you should ask yourself if you would consider it cheating if your spouse did it. if so, then it is cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not cheating if your marriage is soon to be over.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are separated.

You are not cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • No.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think ANYTHING at this stage would count as cheating.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes