Ex threatening to use naked pics as payback?

is this illegal or just highly immoral?

my ex is mad at me and threatening me with posting private pics from our relationship. I told him that doing that speaks more about his character than mine. an the fact he would even use that kind of harassment is unacceptable.

Updates:
yes I'm aware it was not smart. but I don't have a time machine. and I made him delete them in front of me. ..then when this fight came up he told me he actually kept copies without my knowledge, I kept the messages he sent about it so there's no question we agreed to delete them back when we were together

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It is both illegal and immoral. Not only can this be a litigation case in court but it has many variants such as a threat, sexual harassment, black mail of non-consented public posting of a private photo. It does not matter what jurisdiction in what state or county, this can be a long-arm law suit ( (law suit across state boundaries). There are copious things you can do, as of now, such as contacting an attorney who warns him and also contacting your local county police office on threats along with a restraining order. If you need additional information, feel free to contact me.

Good Luck

-Nicholas Halden

1|0
    0|2
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• It's just a b*tch move to do that to someone.

1|1
    0|0
  • Look up the laws of your country/state/province.

Yes, it probably is illegal. Many jurisdictions have criminal laws in place specifically against this kind of thing. At the very least, you'll probably be able to sue him in a civil claim for breach of contract or breach of confidence or something like that.

Tell him you'll report him to the police if he does it. That should scare him off.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's only illegal if you're underage. I mean you did willingly send him pictures and they weren't obtained under duress. Had the pictures been taken in a state in which you were unable to consent (i.e. - intoxicated or sleeping) you might have something but highly unlikely. It's just a d*** move on his part, and I doubt that he would do that to you.

1|1
    1|2
    • How does this get down voted?

• LOL @ down votes. I went to law school people.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think its illegal, it just sounds wrong what he's doing. This is why girls should not take naked or anything private pics for their boyfriends. I'm not trying to give you a lecture, but your mistake was doing w.e it was that now he is getting back at you for. Try talking rationally to him and asks what he really wants from you. But it is immoral.

0|0
    0|1
  • it's only illegal if there's a copyright infringement or if it's a minor in the photo. try being nice,sure it will suck for you-but having naked pictures everywhere would suck too.

1|1
    2|1
  • call the cops and make them help you

0|0
    0|0
  • well both.

0|0
    0|0
  • call the cops

0|0
    0|1
  • Is there a reason why he is mad?

And I think it's only illegal if you're a minor. However, when I was younger (about 13 or 14), I had nudes taken against my will, and he started selling them as p*rnography. Went to the police. And they did nothing about it. Who knows if they have better laws now.

So I wouldn't count on the police doing anything for you. I think, depending on the reason why he's mad at you, there is probably a way to work around this. I wish you the best of luck.

0|0
    0|0
    • yes he's mad because , well when we broke up he got with my best friend at the time an I cut them out of my life an went on vacation, well when I got back they had broken up an she wanted to talk with me and we talked an he came up in conversation an (her an him live together) then he must have found out and not liked me talking to her an threw a hissy fit

Recommended myTakes