Am I being selfish about this?

Okay so my mother and I want to go on vacation. We wanted to go to FL to see family and friends we haven't seen in 3 years. Now we couldn't go because we didn't have enough money to fly and to drive well we got the money now at least to drive down. It is a 19 hour drive and I can't drive yet (I am 18 but haven't taken the drivers test) and I know part of that is my fault. My mom needs to get away she has been super stressed for the last 5 months because of trying to get me to college and in return I am using my money on the trip I have 670 dollars that I am giving to her to take this vacation! But today she is like nah lets not go I am not up for the drive now I got a little mad because I am heading to college and after the first year I can't go on vacations because I have to do a residency at a vets office so I will not have anymore time to go on a week long vacation. My brother offer to help pay for the trip even though he can't go because of work. My mother was excited to go she wanted to go all year that is all she said " I want to go to FL" and now that we have the money for it she is saying no. Now we haven't taken a vacation in 3 years and I got so mad when she said no. I added the total cost of the vacation it was 2000 all together including a hotel on the way there and on the way back because I knew my mom couldn't make the straight drive. Am I being selfish for getting mad that we can't go because my mom doesn't want to drive? I mean if you could take the vacation but had to drive 14 hours the first day and then 6 hours the next day but you would sleep at a hotel on the way there and back and your daughter promised she would stay awake and not sleep would you go I mean I need to convince her to go!

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I would not say you were being selfish. I know people don't want to miss the opportunity of having a vacation when they clearly see that they won't be having one for a long time. BUT, I know one thing. If you force her to go with you, she will. But she would not enjoy as much she wanted to because she did not want to come in the first place. So the way I see you have two options. Either try to help her understand how much, both of you, would love to go OR delay the vacation. Believe me you would not want to force her go with you and see a sad mom on the trip.