How to tell if my boyfriend wants to break up with me?

Okay, my boyfriend and me have been going strong for 2 months, we've never had a fight or anything. We spend a lot of time together. But for the past two weeks he's gotten really distant, not as affectionate, even though he still wants to have a lot of sex. He used to call or text every day. Now he never calls me at work. We haven't even contacted each other in the last three days because I decided to wait until he called me. I don't know what to do. I keep wondering if we took things too fast, or if I said something wrong. Has anyone had this happen before? What did you do and how did you end up? thanks for any responses, its really painful to feel unwanted after thinking he really liked me...

93

Most Helpful Girl

• he could very well want to break up, but, I actually had this same thing happen with my current boyfriend. we've been together for a year. at about the 2 or 3 month mark, he kinda distanced himself/acted cold for like a week. after a few days of it I did what you did - I left him alone and waited for him to contact me and he did after 3 or 4 days acting totally lovey and into me. we're still together.

i think some guys distance themselves when they want to break up, but other guys do it when they really like you and have the freakout moment of "oh sh*t it's getting serious - I need to make sure she isn't clingy". by giving him his space and not contacting him, you'll show him that you're not a crazy-clingy girl, which is what he is afraid of. if you let him come to you, you may end up like me, in a happy and healthy relationship a year later. after that little distance he became way MORE affectionate and loving, and I think it;s because it was the moment he finally realized he wanted to get serious with me.

like I said, maybe he wants to break up. but maybe he's like my boyfriend and is just testing the waters before becoming more serious with you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE