How to tell if my boyfriend wants to break up with me?

Okay, my boyfriend and me have been going strong for 2 months, we've never had a fight or anything. We spend a lot of time together. But for the past two weeks he's gotten really distant, not as affectionate, even though he still wants to have a lot of sex. He used to call or text every day. Now he never calls me at work. We haven't even contacted each other in the last three days because I decided to wait until he called me. I don't know what to do. I keep wondering if we took things too fast, or if I said something wrong. Has anyone had this happen before? What did you do and how did you end up? thanks for any responses, its really painful to feel unwanted after thinking he really liked me...

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• he could very well want to break up, but, I actually had this same thing happen with my current boyfriend. we've been together for a year. at about the 2 or 3 month mark, he kinda distanced himself/acted cold for like a week. after a few days of it I did what you did - I left him alone and waited for him to contact me and he did after 3 or 4 days acting totally lovey and into me. we're still together.

i think some guys distance themselves when they want to break up, but other guys do it when they really like you and have the freakout moment of "oh sh*t it's getting serious - I need to make sure she isn't clingy". by giving him his space and not contacting him, you'll show him that you're not a crazy-clingy girl, which is what he is afraid of. if you let him come to you, you may end up like me, in a happy and healthy relationship a year later. after that little distance he became way MORE affectionate and loving, and I think it;s because it was the moment he finally realized he wanted to get serious with me.

like I said, maybe he wants to break up. but maybe he's like my boyfriend and is just testing the waters before becoming more serious with you.

3|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• "he's gotten really distant, not as affectionate, even though he still wants to have a lot of sex."

Oh yeah...as if guys aren't known for using girls for sex...not at allll...so this must mean he's still very into you.

0|0
    1|0
  • He may be testing how much space he can get or maybe his other friends are jealous of how much time you take up and they are making him choose.

Or, he may have done something that he feels guilty about. Or he may be getting bored.

As much as I usually reject the "talk it out" type of advice, this is one place where you need to be in the same room, you need to tell him you miss the daily texts and you want to know what changed. Definitely, don't let sex enter your lives until you know where you both stand.

1|0
    0|0
  • It would be that there's a change of behavior from before.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Talk to him about it because it seems like he is just using you for sex

-he is distant and won't contact you=he doesn't want to be in a relationship

-he'he still wants to have a lot of sex"=he wants sex

put those two together and you have a bad thing for you...

Of course I could be wrong, but it seems as if that is the case.

Bottom line you should talk to him, tell him how you feel, what you want, ask him what he wants and go from there.

best of luck

1|0
    0|0
  • oh yea he doesn't want the relationship.

my ex didn't want the relationship anymore but he still called me and and made it feel like he wasn't cheating but I found out about the cheating because the girl put up pictures to let me know they were back together.. I ADVICE you to leave before he starts cheating and you feel worst about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would suggest opening a channel of communication between the two of you right away. If you want to have a strong relationship, if you are being plagued with these doubts, you need to iron this out as soon as you can and make it clear that you have feelings for him and would like to continue a relationship with him. It might be painful but just like when you're trying to pull off a bandage off, you need to do it quick and it'll be mildly painless.

It may be blunt but if he is truly worth your time, affection and attention, he needs to step up and understand your needs and communicate his own.

1|0
    0|0
  • "he's gotten really distant, not as affectionate, even though he still wants to have a lot of sex. He used to call or text every day. Now he never calls me at work. We haven't even contacted each other in the last three days because I decided to wait until he called me. "

You pretty much answered your own question. He's losing interest. You should sit down with his and discuss it. Ask him straight up how he feels the relationship is going and tell him that you have noticed that he has been distant and unaffectionate lately. This will force him to come out with it and tell you the truth.

1|0
    0|0
  • it sounds kind of bad but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

1|0
    0|0
  • i think there's a big possibility he wants to.

1|0
    0|0
  • you will just don't be happy together and hen you know

1|0
    0|0
  • i think that he will put distance before brekaing up with you

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes