Was my ex being serious?

I dated this guy for over two years, we would tell each other every single day how much we loved each other, and we would often remind each other how important we were to each other. For some reason, he started drifting away from me and eventually started talking to this other girl (he's in a relationship with her now), and when I found out, I ended the relationship. I asked him yesterday (over text) if he ever truly loved me and he said no. Is it really possible that he never truly loved me and he lied for two years? I am so hurt by this and he also told me the relationship was mostly a waste of time because of how it ended up, but I don't feel this way at all.

60

Most Helpful Girl

• at one hand he can be saying this to deter you from ever thinking there's a future with him especially when he's with another girl or he once did but looking back he doesn't see it that way anymore or trying to get a response from you? in summary at best he at one point he loved you but no longer does now, no guy or girl will upfrontly say they don't love somebody that they have even the slightest intention of being or wish to be with and if he's playing games with you he's very likely to play games throughout your relationship if you decided to embark on one. but the fact he cheated and said he didn't love you is proof enough you should leave full stop. It might be difficult to leave a guy your still in love with but if you chase after him you'll never find that guy that loves you just as much as you love him.