Whats this guys deal?

so I met this guy a year ago at a church camp, he flirted we had fun then we texted after the camp. he then decided to go to our church at least once every few weeks. he looked like he was the player type but when I got to know him he was so so sweet. anyways a few months past it was his birthday, he invited me to his party so I went. we had fun and then my parents couldn't come and pick me up so his mom asked me to sleepover Because next morning was Sunday anyways we would go to church together. during the night we played truth or dare and his best friend dared him to lick me lol stupid I know I told him no so he didn't but during the night he somehow managed to do that on my cheek. gross lol so then its January and he found out I liked him through his friend. then he told me he liked me back. we texted and flirted for a few weeks but then comes Valentine's weekend. he sends me this ADORABLE sweet text in the morning it made me melt. then he ignores him for 2 days and doesn't reply and later says hey I think we should stay friends but few weeks back he kept talking about oh IF we go out or WHEN your my girlfriend etc. he completely crushed me. he said we live "too far apart" for us to work, but we live 45 minutes away from each other... then about 2 weeks later I see a pic of him and this chick and them at a park "date". then everything made sense, I knew he stopped liking me so I gave up. anyways so we didn't talk much then a month passes and its Sunday he sees me and starts flirting grabbing my ass and playing the are you nervous game. I didn't exactly know what to do so I played along. but why would he do that if he supposedly likes this other girl? why mess with my feelings and make me thing you still want me? he's pissing me off now. I Haven't texted him for over a month now. but I have to see him this Sunday at church Because our church is having a little get together. idk what to do. help me figure this guy out please...sorry for writing a lot by the way :/

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Simple, the other girl was available and was close at hand. When that changes, he may very well consider you again, especially if time goes by and he is not seeing anyone. Once he finds someone closer, you could well be out of luck again. The distance is part of the problem. You really need to make a stand and not accept him back if he calls, unless there he promises to be monogamous. It doesn't really matter if you believe in that or not for starting a relationship. You need some sort of commitment and he needs to understand it so that the distance is no longer the issue. You are worth it. He needs to start thinking of you as special. The only way, I think, is to hold off and stay only platonic and make that clear unless he says he is willing to be exclusive to you. By the way, this doesn't mean automatically you have to put out. That's still up to you. Holding off is fine. He should consider you important enough that this doesn't matter. Only with this is the distance and his wayward wandering going to resolve to something long term.

• yeah I've been thinking I should just stay away from him. I don't know I just feel like a play toy to him. like when he's bored I'm the first chick he calls up and talks dirty to. I don't want to be used like that so I'm gonna stay away for a bit.