Any advise for someone considering moving to another city...

Am a student(21 years old) and starting August am supposed to go on internship for a year.Now am really considering moving to a city which is about 6hours away from my home to do my internship there.Am excited but at the same time scared.Am just looking for adventure and trying to recover from my dad's death.I have been to this city but not for more than a week at a time so I wouldn't really judge from that short time because "visiting a place as a tourist and moving there for good are 2 different things".Any advise or just share your experience...

32

Most Helpful Guy

• It's only a year, not a situation where you quit a good job, let go of a great apartment or house. You have a paid internship lined up.

I moved 1,850 miles away from where I grew up. I wanted to. I really like it & am thinking in a few years of moving again to San Diego, just for a new experience. I can understand your being afraid. We are all afraid of the unknown. The only thing I can say is There's a great big beautiful world out there. Go & experience it now. Later in life the move may be harder if not impossible because of a husband & kids.

If you don't you may think "what if" or "I should have"

Give yourself 3 months to get use to it. You'll still be able to go home for holidays. What's the worst that can happen? You don't like it & can go back home. I believe your free to move around your country too.

• Yes am free to move around very much.I figure I cam always move back home if I find I don't like it in 2months.Thanks