Ex boyfriend contacts me more than 2 years later...

Wondering why? He sent me a text the other day and we chatted throughout the day and a bit the next day. Nothing since. I asked him why and he said he wanted to see how I was doing?

I don't get it. It's been so long. Why would you reach out to someone that broke up with you years later? I did break up with him but he knew I was really hurt because I did care for him, but I didn't know what I wanted.

Any opinions?
Updates:
I broke up with him

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• So there's an ex I haven't spoke to in like 7 or 8 years. She called and left a message on my phone like 4 or 5 years ago, but I didn't respond because my girlfriend at the time was pretty jealous. I kind of want to get in contact with her again because she was really cool and sweet. Yes she is good looking too, but I'm not thinking about being with her like that. I think she's just a good friend to have. She initiated our relationship and I ended it if that matters.

0|0
    0|0
    • I broke up with him, so I really never thought I'd hear from him again. Would you ever contact someone that broke up with you?

• Show All
    • Yeah I'd contact someone that broke up with me if I wanted to be friends.

Yeah I figured she may think that. Or think I want sex maybe lol. I don't rule much out though.

• I'm just wondering why though? How can you tell if he wants to date again? He was mentioning how it ended and asked if I was dating anyone...and also how I didn't know what I wanted when I was with him? I'm confused.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• its completely normal. you guys were such an important part of each others lives, it almost seems weird to not know how they are doing

0|0
    0|0
    • It's been over two years though...I don't know. Seems weird to contact me now.

• Well maybe it's been long enough where it doesn't seem like an attempt to get you back, and it's just a way to say hello.

What Girls Said 2

• i would say he just needs some closure

0|0
    0|0
  • he wants to see how you have bene doing like he said or might want to see if you would like to be frineds

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes