Ex boyfriend contacts me more than 2 years later...

Wondering why? He sent me a text the other day and we chatted throughout the day and a bit the next day. Nothing since. I asked him why and he said he wanted to see how I was doing?

I don't get it. It's been so long. Why would you reach out to someone that broke up with you years later? I did break up with him but he knew I was really hurt because I did care for him, but I didn't know what I wanted.

Any opinions?
I broke up with him

22

Most Helpful Guy

• So there's an ex I haven't spoke to in like 7 or 8 years. She called and left a message on my phone like 4 or 5 years ago, but I didn't respond because my girlfriend at the time was pretty jealous. I kind of want to get in contact with her again because she was really cool and sweet. Yes she is good looking too, but I'm not thinking about being with her like that. I think she's just a good friend to have. She initiated our relationship and I ended it if that matters.

• I broke up with him, so I really never thought I'd hear from him again. Would you ever contact someone that broke up with you?

• Yeah I'd contact someone that broke up with me if I wanted to be friends.

Yeah I figured she may think that. Or think I want sex maybe lol. I don't rule much out though.

• I'm just wondering why though? How can you tell if he wants to date again? He was mentioning how it ended and asked if I was dating anyone...and also how I didn't know what I wanted when I was with him? I'm confused.