Why is biology an acceptable reason as to why females shouldn't pursue but it isn't for why men cheat?

Curious.

I've seen on here so many questions on why men should initiate/why women don't, and the "best" answer is usually biology/testosterone and that's an acceptable answer.

But, when someone asks why men are prone to cheating , and you give them a correct answer, its seen as a cop out

Why

Not saying cheating is right by any means.

119

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's an acceptable reason in either case. We're not slaves to our biology.

Though, I would say that the difference between the two things is that cheating is unethical, but not approaching people is pretty neutral.

• I agree with your view here. Though women really should learn to disregard the dumb social rules they grew up on like having to be asked for their number rather than asking or being approached rather than approaching. It's dumb seeing questions from girls asking how to get a guy to approach them or ask for their number. I've been approached by some girls in the past who wanted to talk to me and it's always a delightful change of pace. Take note ladies, you can & should make your own moves.

• It's actually quite surprising to me the amount of women here who are strongly opposed to asking men out. And it's not even just "I'm too shy/I'm afraid of rejection", but people who actually still believe that it's the "guy's job". I don't know if it has to do with culture/location, or what, but even growing up, I didn't share that view. I just thought that if you liked someone, you asked them out. The first time I asked a boy out was in the 7th grade and I've been doing it ever since.

• Frostie: What I mean is that we're capable of holding views and acting contrary to our "biological urges".