Should I get over it or should I break up with him?

my boyfriend doesn't talk to me much,nor does he see me much. he messages me every 3-5 days and sees me every one or 2 weeks.(busy is not an excuse). I broke up with him once over this but he wanted me back.

we have been together for 8 months and I have already meet his parents. I'm baffling how much he likes me. (doesn't seem much,does it?)

If his feelings are thick, he would want to talk/see me naturally,right? so I should let his feelings grow naturally?

But if I just let it be ,would I look like some easy girl? not respected, totally treated like a convenience?
what I'm trying to say is..i think he likes me but probably not very very much. so..should I wait (without looking cheap/easy/convenience whatever) or should I go..

26

Most Helpful Guy

• It is difficult to say. Sometimes we grow 'comfortable' with people we love. Sometimes even with marriage the 'honeymoon' stage wears off after a few years. The romantic relationship kind of dwindles. It doesn't mean he doesn't love you, it just is a different/ evolved type of love. It kind of goes with how we don't realize how important someone or something is until it is missing. Which might explain why he wanted you back. My feeling is he has just gotten 'comfortable' having you around.

There is another, more cynical outlook, and that would be; he might want to keep you in a relationship in order to prevent you from being with someone else. I know some guys (and some girls too) that may not care much for someone, but will go berserk if they see that someone with someone else.

I guess my advice is this; Do YOU still feel attracted to him? Do you still love him? If not, maybe some 'time off' will do you both good. Although I would first try to explain to him how you feel slightly taken for granted, because sometimes guys are genuinely oblivious.

• I am attracted to him that's the porblem otherwise things would be much easier.he admitted his feelings has grown and he has made the effort to understand me.(he was worse before). right now,he is abroad for study for one month.first 2 weeks he at least tried to contact me couple of times a week but this week he hasn't been messaging me at all. therefore I don't feel like calling him either..and I don't know what to do from now.

• so you say the best solution is not to sweat when he's away,but tell him what is right after he gets back? and see if he is willing to make an effort?

• That would be my solution, but I also understand trying not to sweat something can be difficult