I really can't sleep this has been on my mind. Why do boys insist on showering girls with presents??

I feel really bad and cheap in my relationship. I come from a low middle class income family my boyfriend comes from a rich family. We've been together for a year and two months and he ALWAYS showers me with gifts. I have money but not that much and I do work as a waitress part time to get some money. I am in college and so is he. But his parents all give him money so he doesn't have to work because they want him to focus on his ambition to become an engineer and make me happy. We share a small apartment together. He buys me a lot of things like shoes, sweaters, jewlery, bouquets of flowers, chocolate, candy etc. Basically anything I see at the mall I really like and I don't have enough money to buy and leave he goes back the next day when I'm not home and buys it for me. I've tried to talk to him about it and he says he loves doing it and he doesn't mind. I do buy him stuff once in a while and make him stuff or cook special meals for him. I save money because I want to help pay for the bills and grocerys. Should I just let him do it? Girls do you enjoy it when your man does this or do you feel guilty? Men do you actually like spoiling your girlfriend like crazy?

85

Most Helpful Girl

• aww that's so nice of him! well look, he clearly really cares bout you and it seems he'll go out of his way to make you happy and treat you like his princess:)

being from a different 'wealth level' isn't a concern for your boyfriend, if it was I doubt he'd be with u:) and I'm sure you love him for who he is too=] he's generous, that's a nice quality in a guy. if he insists on doing it, don't take that happiness away from him:) I understand that ud feel bad and stuff, I totally get that, but at the same time, appreciate that your getting flowers and lovely gifts instead of nothing but a broken heart. let that love shine girl:)

all the best x

• That's exactly what he said to me in our second month of dating that to himI would always be a princess.

Yeah I guess that's true it is better than being heart broken!(:

• Well there you go:)

It is much better. Ur blessed darling:P