Do you think the majority of guys just care about looks before everything else?

The girl could have an amazing personality, could be super sweet to to the guy, be an ambitious smart person all that. However, what it comes down to is "is she hot or not?"

Whereas, if a girl didn't like a guy at first physically but hen she got to know him, there's a huge potential for a long-term relationship.

I'm wondering because I'm seeing this trend amongst my girlfriends and myself. The girlfriends that are considered "pretty" "hot" etc. all have a husband, boyfriend or guys chasing them. Whereas, the average or not-so-much lookers can try and try and guys will just leave them or reject them right out in the first place. My girlfriend's ex boyfriend actually got engaged to a girl 6 months after meeting her while he dated her for 2 years and abused and then left her. He randomly called her and told her how he misses her because he could actually hold a proper conversation with her and she's smart (she's becoming a doc.) Whereas, his fiance is super hot but he can't have those same conversations with her...yet picks the super hot girl instead.

511

Most Helpful Guy

• Obviously this is going to be a case by case issue. If we are generalizing here then I think that men are much more visual than women. It is a power symbol to have a really attractive woman and it is a huge confidence booster.

Men get their intellectual stimulation and companionship from work and other friends a lot and when they get home need some good sex and encouragement.

I don't think that you are necessarily correct in saying that looks is the most important factor with men but it is certainly the first factor that you notice. Generally, men are the ones pursuing women so it makes sense to pursue the ones that look the best. You don't really get to know her personality and other qualities until you spend more time with her and that is when you get to know her better on a deeper level. IMO I think knowing her on a deeper lever and being compatible is more important than dating the most attractive girl you can swing but you have to put it into context of how dating works. Attractive girls date a lot more than unattractive girls so they are better at by virtue of experience.