Is it possible to get back with my ex when she calls me daily and relies on me like we are together?

So my ex and I broke up a year ago. Since then she has been going back and forth on if she wants an us. We talk several times a day, text frequently, hang out 3-4 times per week. Every so often she gets mad at me because essentially I'm just loving and nice towards her. When I retreat she gets nervous and clings to me. I have told her I will not pressure her to be with me that its something she has to want. I don't bring up getting back together.

I simply just listen to her, help her with life, and am supportive of her. She knows I love her and she tells me quite often that she loves me.

A few days ago we met up and she kissed me on the lips. We made out but stopped. If she doesn't get a hold of me for a few hours she gets freaked out. She calls me every time before and after she goes out with her friends. Now, we used to hook up a lot but I stopped it roughly a month and a half ago as I told her I want a relationship not just sex. I would like to know if there is a shot or should I focus on new girls in my life. THough I am not a player I feel playing the fields is the best option and seeing who sticks. THanks in advance

33

Most Helpful Guy

• She was using you...or more accurately, you were using each other, hooking up that is.

She wants all the benefits of the relationship without all the responsibility. That's why she clings but won't make the decision. If she chooses, then she has to be responsible for the choice. And that means if it doesn't work out, then she is the one who chose it and she has no one to blame but herself.

I think you'd be happier if you moved on and saw what other fish were in the ocean.

• That's more accurate I think. She goes out with her gf's and when she doesn't meet another guy she puts on the super sweet loving act. I told her to cut it out which is why I eliminated the sexual aspect until it is defined whether we are or aren't together. I told her I am not going to beg to be with her I've done that already. If she wants to make what we have legit she needs to voice it. I have a deadline in my head and once that comes she's out of my life for good.

• Good for you, man! I'm glad you are sticking to a plan and a time frame. I see so many guys who waste years of their life on women who don't give a damn about them.