Please help: is he playing me, does he actually like me? Confused!!

I really like this guy, so much that I am kind of scared. He says he likes me, makes references to the future, and when we are together we have an amazing time( like says he isn't going anywhere, talks about vacations in the future ). We have not had sex or anything yet.

I have known him for around a year and we get along really well. I have actually told him that I think he is my soul mate (this was a long time ago I didn't think I would ever see him again, but thought he needed to know, stupid I know !)

We were dating about six months ago until he got back together with his ex (which he was totally honest about!). He has left his ex, and contacted me and asked me out again.I was more than shocked when he contacted, especially after What I told him.

Now that we are seeing one another again he is hot / cold. One day he is texting a lot and saying all kinds of cute things, another he isn't texting at all and is basically AWOL. I do a lot of the contact initiation, sometimes he does.

He is also canceling plans. On Saturday when he cancelled plan he said "there's no rush its just the beginning for us " in regards to us being disappointed that we couldn't see each other this weekend,

Honestly I don't know what to think, and I don't want to get too attached and really hurt.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• He is not playing you, he has stuff to figure out. But my personal opinion is that I think when people are in love , they do not act hot/cold or they do not put people in dilemmas and missignal them.They just shouldnt.They should be sure enough to act on their feelings,if he likes you,he should be able to articulate that.He is just doubtful about so many things,got a lot of going on in his head. DO NOT let yourself get carried away before it is too late, before you have stronger feelings.Talk about things,do not hold yourself back.I hope he does not hurt you :(

• Thanks! Yeah I agree about what you say. If you love someone (or think you could love them) I don't know if your send them mis-signals. It's upsetting because he is always saying one thing and showing another.