Moving advice...What should I do?

So I'm faced with a decision right now. I really love Seattle...I love everything about it...the problem is the cost. I am 20yrs old and I have about $3500 saved up to move. I do have an aunt out there who said she would let me live with her until I found a place. But I am afraid of leaving my sisters and mom and dad who live in CO and I'm afraid of trying to make it on my own. Most of my friends have moved away so I don't have too many ties in that way except my very best friend who still lives in Denver.

I have thought of just moving to Boulder and going to school. Price wise it's not a whole lot cheaper than Seattle but I wouldn't have to pay to move and I wouldn't have to leave my support system. I do really like Boulder but I'm worried that I would regret not going to Seattle.

Does anyone have any advice on the matter? Anyone moved away from home or stayed close to home and regretted it later?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• I stayed home because I have in-state tuition, which helps out A LOT with school fees. I used to walk down my University's halls when I was little. In kindergarten we went through a tour of the school. I was always fascinated by the campus. I always wanted to go to my University since I was a kid, and here I am :) I'm proud of what I'm becoming and I always seek my goals and dreams, whatever they are. I suggest you to do the same. Do what you feel is best to you, either stay in Seattle or have an awesome time in Boulder (good place, I have close friends there).

I'd say if you can afford it, go to Boulder. I think you could use a 'getaway' of independence in a fun town. whatever blows your skirt up. lol