Moving advice...What should I do?

So I'm faced with a decision right now. I really love Seattle...I love everything about it...the problem is the cost. I am 20yrs old and I have about $3500 saved up to move. I do have an aunt out there who said she would let me live with her until I found a place. But I am afraid of leaving my sisters and mom and dad who live in CO and I'm afraid of trying to make it on my own. Most of my friends have moved away so I don't have too many ties in that way except my very best friend who still lives in Denver.

I have thought of just moving to Boulder and going to school. Price wise it's not a whole lot cheaper than Seattle but I wouldn't have to pay to move and I wouldn't have to leave my support system. I do really like Boulder but I'm worried that I would regret not going to Seattle.

Does anyone have any advice on the matter? Anyone moved away from home or stayed close to home and regretted it later?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I stayed home because I have in-state tuition, which helps out A LOT with school fees. I used to walk down my University's halls when I was little. In kindergarten we went through a tour of the school. I was always fascinated by the campus. I always wanted to go to my University since I was a kid, and here I am :) I'm proud of what I'm becoming and I always seek my goals and dreams, whatever they are. I suggest you to do the same. Do what you feel is best to you, either stay in Seattle or have an awesome time in Boulder (good place, I have close friends there).

I'd say if you can afford it, go to Boulder. I think you could use a 'getaway' of independence in a fun town. whatever blows your skirt up. lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Seattle! Go for it now. You have great support with a generous aunt there. Your sisters and parentals will be back home as a safety net. They'll love visiting you in Seattle.

0|0
    0|0
  • just move to seattle

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• seattle is a really nice place. I like it there too. I moved away when I was 18. I regret some things about it. if I had my dad I would never dream of moving out. I think spending time with family is the most important thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would more to seattle if I prefer it don't be scared grea tthings can com from getting to be a little bit more independent.

0|0
    0|0
  • you have to move away sooner or later so just do it if you really do love seattle

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes