Should I Propose or Not?

hey guys so I've been dating my girlfriend for 2 1/2 years now.. we been long distance for 9 months now due to her work in another country..

So few months ago we kinda had a fight on the phone and I broke up with her because of a misunderstanding and stupidly I told her that I would have propose to her when we see each other ( I told her that when I was breaking up with her) so now everything is fine and fixed.. she explained her side and now were back together and gonna see each other in August..

Few days ago she brought up engagement talk and told me that she doesn't want the ring this time she want me to prove it to her first that I changed and I'm never gonna break up with her again.

So I said OK I understand that and I told her that I returned the ring but the truth is I did not returned it and I already planned my proposal for her in Las Vegas.. I've been nice to her after that incident and I admitted that I should never have done that..

Should I still propose or not?

I'm really thinking that I should do it some other time but Las Vegas would be a very special moment for us as this is the only time we gonna go there.. HELP! :(

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would keep the ring, but not propose to her yet. Also, when you do propose, don't do it in front of a lot of people. Girls tend to feel pressured when asked a question in front of a lot of people.

She honestly wants you to prove to her that you won't hurt her again because of an argument.

Instead of proposing, take her on a date, and at some point, tell her "This is me, proving to you that I love you more than anyone else. Please forgive me?"

And if things work out from there, in another month or two propose. :-)

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• I think that you should wait for another time to propose to her. You guys should spend a little more time together when she comes back just to make sure your relationship with her is perfect.

1|0
    0|0
  • no I think wait a bit longer

0|0
    0|0
  • Proposing to her now would be like buying shoes that are a size too small for you, because they are on sale and the store doesn't have them in any other size.

It's better for your feet to have slightly less awesome looking shoes that fit you, rather than cool (but discounted) shoes that you can't wear without cutting off circulation.

Think long term.

But I see where you're coming from; it's annoying to have cool opportunities like that, but not be able to make use of them :P

1|0
    0|0
  • I think you should give it some time and don't rush.

1|0
    0|0
  • i think you should wait more time

1|0
    0|0
  • no, not unless you prove you,love her first. show you listne to what she tells you.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes