Just ended it with a girl of 3 years

So Friday night I ended our relationship. Our past has been the greatest times of our lives and some of the worst. She ended it twice throughout the 3 years completely both with a month of not being together but during that time we still continued to live together. Eventually we got back together because I started to get sick of seeing her happy and not moving on while I was still upset, so each time I would pack my stuff and tell her I was leaving. Then she would magically come around to wanting me again and we would get back.

This time is different. We were camping for the weekend and I was unaware that when we arrived about 20 of her past friends would be there including her ex boyfriend, they all know each other and are all from another part of the area that we never see. So whatever I tried making conversation with them holding in my territorial side and being nice. The entire weekend she avoided me, wouldn't look or talk to me, wouldn't let me hold her hand or kiss her, nothing. It felt like she was bothered by my presence or embarassed by me. In the past I would tolerate this and forget about it and I think that's why she continued to do it throughout the relationship. Pretty much she wore the pants.

Anyways, the last time she broke up with me and still lived with me she started seeing a new guy who was a brother of one of our friends. That ended(I think) and nothing was discussed. I asked her before we got back togrther if they did anything and that if they did I didn't and couldn't care because we werent together. She said no I didn't I promise, so I asked her several more times and finally said if you're telling me the truth thank you and if not and I find out later on it is over. I gave her that chance and she broke it. I was laying with her one night and her phone went off, it was her friends asking her how the other night with this guy was and was it fun and blah blah. I decided to stay with her and fight it through because I still didn't believe it. Then during camping, her friend and her boyfriend came down who was the sister of that other guy, I like them don't get me wrong. So I asked the guy that came down truthfully and away ffom the group if she did anything and he said yes.

So not only did she completely humiliate me in front of her ex boyfriend and all his friends the entire weekend but I found out she lied about something that I gave her the true chance to come clean without ruining the future when she knew the risks.

Did I make the right decision? I left her down there with her friends Saturday morning until Sunday and came home and packed all my stuff. She still hasn't even called or texted me so maybe she knew it was coming earlier? I am just so lost cause I love her to death and think she has a reason behind everything she does but come on I was her guy for 3 years! Any advice will help...

44

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like you made the right choice. You gave her the chance and she didn't fess up, and she made you feel like sh*t several times throughout the relationship. If she was really in love with you, she would have said the truth, she wouldn't have ignored you, and she wouldn't be so on and off. I have friends that are like that with their boyfriends. They usually are only staying in the relationship because it's someone constant to be with, kind of for comfort. When things aren't that exciting, they have you. When there's someone new or daring or exciting, forget you, you were only there for them when they had no one else. She obviously needs to go find out what she really wants, whether it was you or the other guy, and that's not your place or responsibility to help her, so you were better off moving out in my opinion. Try not to fall for stupid pleas if she comes back either, only submit to her if she really has apologized, promised for real this time, and made up her mind.

Good luck