I miss my ex girlfriend, but she dumped me. What can I do?

She and I dated for almost a year. She then dumped me because she felt the relationship was not going anywhere. In fairness to her, I was not the perfect boyfriend. I did take her for granted at times and did not tell her that I loved her after 10 months of dating.

I did try to get her back when she dumped by writing her a long letter, followed up by an email and then finally a personal meeting. I poured my heart out to her and promised her my love and devotion, but she wasn't hearing it by then. Her mind seemed to have been made up.

We went NC for more than 2 months and then I saw her here and there because we have mutual friends. At first she was somewhat friendly, but then cold when she heard I was dating someone (I was not, but did go on dates here and there). I ran into her recently and smiled and waved at her, but nothing more.

I wish we could get back together, but it's been 7 months since the breakup and it seems so hopeless. I should be over this by now, but I am not 100% there. I think part of the reason is that we are in the same community and I run the risk of running into her at functions.

Any suggestions as to either get over her completely, or go after her again? I don't know if I can chase her again because she dumped me and she told me that she had guys (even exes) chase her all the time, and I would rather not be like those guys.

I appreciate all the comments. I guess I know that deep down the right thing is to hold my head up, maintain my dignity, and not contact her ever again (and I have been doing that, but I still wish we were together).

However, my problem going foward is the following: Do I avoid where she will be to spare me the heartache, or go ahead and attend because I have friends who will be there too? I may also meet other women at such events. But, if I see my ex, especially with a guy, it will hurt.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• you can't do anything to get her back. tr yot move on and date other girls