Ex's behavior very confusing please help!

My ex boyfriend and I have been together for 3 and a half years. we have lived together the entire time. Last summer we talked about getting married and he even took me to the store to design a ring. In November he called it off and broke up with me- it was never explained why- then we got back together. In February he left again and then returned without explaining why. Both of these times a few days passed and he returned telling me how sorry he was and that he loved me. Our lease was due for renewal last month. Our landlord gave it to us two months early and we both signed. We have joint credit cards and have talked about having children and buying a house. Tuesday he decided again to end it and left stating that he hasn't been happy in a long time. He went out and got another apartment, Through text messaging he told me he still wasn't happy without me. He came back home on Sunday and we had sex. together and he spent the night. Monday he came over- he still continues to call me babe and then started taking care of our garden. I went to hug him goodbye which was OK with him then I tried to kiss him and he said no we broke up. He came by again today to take the dog for a hike. He refuses to take all of his belongings out of the apartment and is letting me hold onto his credit cards along with our joint cards. I am wondering why he signed the lease if he was so unhappy. I am really having a hard time with this because I love him deeply. I do not want to move on and want things to work out. I am really confused as to what he wants because he is sending me all sorts of mixed signals. I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on his behavior and what I should do. My heart is so broken. Please help tell me what this stuff means.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• You are not his life's partner, you are his doormat.

But the oxytocin hormone in your brain is causing you to take his sh*t unconditionally no matter what.

If you do get married, realistically, what are the chances of this guy never cheating on you?

The sooner you leave the adolescent thinking of "But I love him and do everything for him, so he'll come around and change for me", the more sanity, self-confidence, ability to trust you'll get to keep for your future, healthy relationship.