Am I being too hard on myself? I'm 24...I feel like I should have things a little more together.

I'm 24 years old and I wish my life would come together. I know it's not that easy or simple. I can see that.

What I originally decided to do as a career tanked...miserably. I also experienced health problems this past year, part of why my career tanked. I'm better now.

I am going back to school for a similar career just based in a different subject area. I really like that subject area. I hope it will make a difference.

I've never had a serious relationship. My self-esteem isn't holding up so well these days. I've been putting more effort into trying to rebuild a social circle, in hopes that social networks and social support will help.

Things seem to be slightly better in that respect, but it's still slow-going.

Should I be worried about not being serious with guys right now? I'm just worried because of cultural stereotypes (Don't shoot!) that as I get older, as a woman, things will get harder.

I also don't look my age, which is starting to be comforting, as opposed to annoying.

Thoughts, advice, etc.? If you have something mean to say, please don't. There's enough crap in the world. Why add to it?

65

Most Helpful Guy

• Building a good social circle can be especially difficult when you're battling with your self-esteem. It takes a daily dose of stepping outside of your comfort zone and forcing yourself to reach out to other people. Remember that the biggest concern to anyone is themselves. They're not worried about your problems, they're worried about theirs, so don't think so much about what's wrong with you when you approach someone, think about them and something you can honestly say you like about them. Get interested in OTHERS. Take care of your personal responsibilities, take care of your health and hygeine, etc, but focus on their interests and skills, and they won't be able to stop themselves from liking you, whether you're looking for a boyfriend, or just a friend.

People in their 20's have such high expectations for themselves. Don't expect yourself to know what the future holds, and don't assume you know the best way to succeed. Take care of the big things such as school, your finances/credit, professional relationships, etc, and combine that with your genuine interest in other people, and I promise you, your life will start to lead you in a direction you like. Everything else will fall into place.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thx 4 Best answer :-) Work hard at school but find a balance to your social life. Good luck!