He "can't stand wife, wife drives me crazy"; more likely to cheat?

I recently met up with an old friend who I hadn't seen in a few years, and he kept on complaining about his wife of a few years. He married really young and she's a few years older, so I figured it would be tricky. But this time I saw him he kept on saying how he couldn't stand her, how she makes him go crazy, etc etc. On top of that, he was very clearly flirting with me and saying how he wishes he could marry me instead and stuff like that. We've never dated but used to flirt quite a bit when we lived in the same city. I'm just afraid this is like a recipe for disaster and am wondering what I should do? (I'm single and not planning on helping him cheat but I admit he's a really great guy so I'm worried stuff might happen...)

31

Most Helpful Girl

• If he's so unhappy in his relationship he should try to fix it or get out. If I were to speak to someone about my relationship problems, I would choose a female friend. The fact that he is filling you in on all these personal details, makes me doubt the integrity of his character. That is completely disrespectful to his wife (speaking to another woman about their problems while flirting and 'wishing' to be with the other woman). Your really great guy might not be so great after all. Just giving you a different perspective, I fear he may have a less than honest agenda lined up.

• They have kids so he can't, but I know what you mean. That's what I thought too.

• Kids are better off raised in two separate happy homes, then in one miserable one. Those two staying together for the 'sake of the children' will mess them up more than help them.