Would you tell on someone who is cheating?

My girlfriend's friend (our mutual friend) is cheating on her boyfriend of many years. She wants to marry the guy but doesn't get to see him all that often. Say maybe once a month for a few days. She has been hanging with a new group of girlfriends who "don't judge her" and also cheat and have flings with guys they meet at clubs. She is not the type of girl to cheat or even have flings. That is, she has never done so until now.

She met this guy at work and likes him and hooked up recently. My girlfriend told me about it and I know the guy. He's a decent guy and is very successful. But he is also very trusting so has no idea that this is going on behind his back. I do not consider him a good friend.

My question is if you can put yourself in my shoes, would you warn this guy or drop a strong hint, even anonymously, about what he is getting into. Or just stay out of their business?
  • Stay out of it. It's none of your business.
  • Tell him, straight up that his girl is cheating. Better for him to know now than 10 years into marriage.
  • Drop a hint about it but don't outright tell him. If he asks, tell him.
    Vote C
  • Tell him anonymously through a fake email.
    Vote D
To clarify, I am not friends with the guy who's being cheated on. My girlfriend and I are mutual friends with the girl who's cheating. She's a nice girl and we are both surprised that she is doing this to the man she wishes to marry. I think it has a lot to do with the company she has been keeping lately.

What concerns me is that I do not want to have to see this guy and congratulate him on getting engaged when I know what's been happening behind his back. You know what I'm saying?
I should let you all know that despite the majority of you advising me to tell him, I just cannot go through with it. I don't know why, but I just can't.

2316

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him. It's not right to let some one be cheated on. And those who say "Stay outta it" are sh*tty people.

• Btw, isn't it hilarious how we get more and more stories of women cheaters and yet the bullsh*t that "only men cheat" exists? Yet, look at the stories and look at the studies. Ya, women cheat just as much, if not more.

• @update: So tell the guy. And while you're at it, tell the dipsh*t girl to grow up. She doesn't deserve the guy (unless he's been cheating too, in which case they can both f*** off).

You might think that girl is "super nice" or something, but obviously she's not. If she was REALLY a nice/good girl she wouldn't cheat in the first place, despite her company.

She deserves the pain of losing the guy.

• Pain will help her grow up. So give her a little pain in her life. Get proof, show the proof to the guy. Let him dump the bitch and let her suffer losing a guy she claims to want to marry all because she's a stupid little child.