How often/Why does an ex come running back?

I am curious.. Simply because I have noticed that most relationships that have their FIRST break up, on always goes running and treating the other like trash, yet they end up coming back for a second chance. I wonder why this is.

Here is an example.

I dated a guy, he cheated on me. we broke up, months later (after telling me I'm a terrible person blah blah) he came crawling back.

dated another guy that I left because he was abusive. Months later, he came crawling back as well for a second chance.

Same goes the 2 others.

(this mind you is relationships in a 6 years span :P

So back to my original question.. Why does the one (male or female) that does a lot of emotional damage to the dumpee eventually come running back later? Whether it be a few weeks or a few months.

Sometimes the break up could be horrible and believed to be "un-salvageable" But I still see people coming back together.

I am aware that sometimes one side NEVER comes back, but rarely do I see that.
one always goes running and treating*

61

Most Helpful Girl

• You really want to know why guys do that? Because when you are with a guy or girl for awhile you start getting used to all the sweet things they do for you and all the things the don't appreciate anymore...then they dump you because they think there is someone who is better for them but in reality, you gave him more than any other girl would. Love is one major one. Then they come crawling back to you because they realize all the things you did for them that they can't get from something else, that you were more loving, caring, not as crazy as other girls or guys. They forgot what they had until they lost it. When they break up with you then they start remembering every nice and loving thing you did for them because they lost you. Some guys think they like this other girl and date her after a break up but then realize that she isn't good or as good as you. Then they apologize to you and wish you would take him back because now he knows what he lost. It happens all the time. It just depends on how much you did for him in love and how long you were with this person.

• Mine left me in the dark for over 2 months now (ignoring completely) and I have moved on but in the back of my head I am hoping that he finds a girl that screws him over immensely and has a "realization" and comes looking. Hah.

• Haha. We all hope that. If you were really good to him, he will be back because he missed out on you. Good luck:) I hope you get him back:)