Should you move on with someone new even if you're not healed yet?

My ex is clearly ready to move on. I want to move on too plus I met this new guy (which I want to take things really slow with) but I'm not fully healed over my breakup yet. I'm not in love with my ex. I don't want him back. I could care less if we never see each other again. However, I'm still hurting. I've even developed the mentality that all guys around my age (18-25) do not want a relationship. they just want to have sex or even if they get into a relationship they want to have sex with other girls as well. Do you think its best for me to move on? I mean, why should I stop dating because of one failed romance? but the other question is, am I ready to move on? what should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Being a guy, I would say take it at your own pace. I know the pain after a break-up hurts, but that's no reason to jump from one person to another. I'm not sure how long it's been, but most defiantly give yourself sometime to breath. And on the topic of sex,... yeah, it's a major part of our thought process. (As you probable might know) Not to say it's the only thing, and there are (believe it or not) some good guys out there; where we are looking for more then a physical relationship, someone to be with for a long time, if not marry. But 18-25, I hate to say so, but sex is a pretty big factor.

1|1
    0|0
    • It's been a month. my ex & I are in the same class. he's trying to get close to this girl in our class so he could date her. because I have to see him almost everyday & watch him move on right in front of my eyes, its extending the healing process. so do you think I should forget about the new guy or keep him around and see where it goes despite the predicament that I'm in?

• Well that's a bit more complicated, with him being in the same class. I'll tell you this much: your X is and ass. To not have any respect for you, in the manner of hitting on other girls in front of you, should solidify the fact he's an ass. Forget about him. As for the new potential guy... I've been that guy. The one on the back burner. Waiting for you to make up your mind. And that hurts him as well. I wish I had something more insightful, but, either stand still or keep moving foward

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Some studies show that certain people do recover faster if they move on. You'd best just be honest as you go, but go ahead and press on.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've should have added that if this new guy is really interested in you, he'll wait around a good while for you. So please, still take sometime for yourself and get your head cleared.

0|0
    0|0
    • thanks. I agree. he's an a**hole to a tee. I think I'm gonna give the new guy a chance just to see where it could possibly go but at the same time take it slow. I do need to clear my head. maybe I'm not ready for dating again. Idk. lol

• I think life's too short to waste time thinking about something you've already lost. You've got a new guy that wants to be with you, if you make him wait too long he may lose interest. Take a chance.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• i don't think so,i htink it would be a bad move since you need to be ready to fully commit

0|0
    0|0
  • no, because then you will most likely hurt the other person

0|0
    0|0
    • how would I hurt the other person? are you saying it sounds like I'm not ready to date again and will end up hurting him OR are you saying I'll probably get back with the ex because I have NO desire and NO interest in us getting back together..ever.

• move on and think positive, think if something bad happens its a learning lesson, not the end of the world... seriously, all of life should be like this... now I need to take my own advice!

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes