Getting over the ex?

My ex and I broke up over 6 months ago, but we were together for over 6 years. she cheated on me, blamed shift everything to me, dumped me and started dating the guy.

Re ran the whole thing in my head and I know I wasn't at fault. I know I used to treat her good, buy her flowers, massager her feet, clean, take care of her and so on.

It sucks cause I am having so much trouble getting over her. She was my first girlfriend and first everything. That was the second time she cheated on me once and I forgive her before. Some days am OK, sometimes it really sucks. Don't know if she even regrets it or will ever do, but I don't know how to get over her. Also found out the guy is an ass and a player. he used to date one of my friends and she said he was cheating on her with 4 other girls.

Would appreciate any advice. Well besides the suck it up, be a man, grow a pair :) thanks

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• first off it doesn't matter what he regrets are. You are at fault for being hurt. She cheated once and that was your chance to find a person to make you happy that was loyal and decent. Instead you chose to stay with a cheater. You put your heart on the chopping block for her to hurt you. You sound like a sucker to me. Learn from this and be happy to be rid of her. Point only one finger and point it at you. Find new hobbies, friends and things to do at night. Stay busy and have fun. Look out for #1 (you) as no one else will. Feeling sorry for yourself or living in the past is useless and will hurt you emotionally and physically. You have a choice to be happy. Choose away.

0|1
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I know how you feel. Last year my first boyfriend and first everything broke up with me and it sucked. I broke NC a month afterward and annoyed him with my texts to where he stopped talking to me. First piece of advice: no matter what DO NOT break NC until you are completely over her. It may take 6 months, it may take a year or years. You will get over it eventually and in your own good time. Don't let people tell you that you should be over it after such and such a time. You have an additional reason not to talk to her too: she has a boyfriend. I'm still trying to get completely over my ex since I broke NC. I haven't spoken to him in 4 months but I'm actually going to see him this weekend (at a mutual friend's event).

Also, look at what you can learn from this: now you know that if someone cheats, they'll do it again. Also, even though you still love her and care for her, take comfort in karma. They guy she's with will undoubtedly cheat on her and then she'll feel the way you feel if not worse. It was your decision to take her back after she cheated the first time. People do that and sometimes people work on their problems and reasons why the cheating happened in the first place. That didn't happen for you--don't worry about it, you can't change anything now.

Don't hang on to false hope. I think it's okay to to that a little bit if it helps you initially, but at some point you have to accept things for what they are and what they will be. It may not work out for you and her ever even when she grows up and matures more. But it will work between you and someone else when you are healed from this.I'm not going to come down on you because a break up is like someone died--you go through a grieving stage, Now it the time for support, not "tough love"

I wish you all the best. You deserve it! :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • i would try and socialize a lot. go out anf find new people to meet and do fun stuff with.

0|0
    0|0
  • well I would date people to forget about her and make her get jealous.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• You did nothing wrong the girl was just a bitch and she did not respect you. She cheated on you once, explained to what happened and you let her have a second chance. The only thing that makes you is a good person. What you are going through is completely understandable because breakups hurt.

Realize that this girl is just one of many girls. You have made her into something she is not.

Throughout the relationship you may have put her up on a pedestal and sadly she is still there, but she shouldn't be. The sooner you take her off that pedestal and put her into the pool with all the other women in the world, the sooner you will find peace.

Forget her and refuse all contact. Focus on yourself, friends and family. Make yourself a better person. Workout at the gym and make money during the week. Make plans ahead of time to go out on the weekend. Be open to making new friends guys and girls. Don't worry about finding a new girlfriend.. that will happen down the road. It's good to be alone for a while after a break up because it gives you the opportunity to balance your life and women love that.

And when you meet new girls... don't worry about them becoming your new girlfriend. Be patient because that will gain you the respect of a woman.

Forget her, focus on yourself, hang with friends and family, make plans to go out, have fun, be patient and eventually date. You will be happy again if you put the effort in.

1|0
    0|0
  • Go to new places, avoid mutual friends, learn new things, join clubs for people with yuouritnerests if you're sure mutual friends aren't in it...

Don't monitor her, don't try tofind out about the new guy...she'll find another like him next!

Study new subjects...

Change the world you hang out in.

Travel if you can..

If you fill up your time with new experiences and people, she'll fade away without effort on your part.

0|1
    0|0
  • You shouldn't concern yourself with your ex anymore. You should just find a new girl.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes