Girls, what would you think if you just got with a new boyfriend and he told you this?

"You can talk to as many guys as you like and I will never get jealous ever because I trust you completely, but if you ever cheat you are gone."

Just said as kind of a where he stands on cheating kind of thing.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know I think it would depend on when it was brought up, like if it was related to the conversation we were having it would be more acceptable. I also personally would appreciate him expressing his feeling and thoughts to me but I might question why he felt like he needed to say that to me.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• If it was relevant to the conversation, that's fine. I don't think it needs to be said because I'd take that as a given.

If he randomly said it, I'd probably think it was strange. Seems strangely threatening lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think that's perfectly reasonable, lol. But I'd think it a bit odd if it didn't in some way relate to the current conversation at hand.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fair enough.

but out of the blues?... a little weird.

so as long as it ties into the conversation at hand then yes that's more than understanding.

0|0
    0|0
  • that he's controlling becuase that's a given.

0|0
    0|0
    • does NOT mean he's controlling. quite the opposite actually

• well I would ge toffended becuas eit feels like he is letting me rather than the fac tthat he has to be like that.

0|0
    0|0
    • letting you? know he is trying to say he's not the jealous type and would not be when she talks to guys or is friends with them.

• That's pretty much a given? Like, you don't need to state the obvious. And you don't need to warn people. You just go through with it if it happens.I guess what I'm trying to say is that you should trust that she's not going to cheat.

Like, if I found out my boyfriend cheated or was currently cheating. It would be over. It goes without saying.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Seems odd to just randomly bring up

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes