Would you contact an ex just to congratulate them on something?

I dated this guy for a while, but then he broke up with me I guess because he didn't think I was the right girl for him.

We've talked after that about being friends and he said he was OK with that, although he never went out together again. I've stopped contacting him a few months ago after he replied to me in a rude manner.

I thought something was right with him at the time, but didn't think that was a good excuse for him to mistreat me and just backed away. He never contacted me since then as well.

I was thinking of contacting him about his favorite team winning the championship. Not to start any conversation really, but just because I noticed it and know he's probably happy. More like when you remember someone's birthday and you don't know if you should send a birthday note or not...

Should I just smack myself in the head and stay put, or it doesn't matter either way? What do you think?
Updates:
I just realized I have a few typos here, sorry for that.

And thank you for your comments. You're right, there would be no point in contacting him again unless I'm looking forward to look bad and being hurt again... Which I'm not. Thanks again.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If she broke up with me then I would not. But If I broke up, then I would congratulate her on her achievement. The reason is: If she broke up with me and I congratulate her, then she may get a wrong hint that "oh he is dying to get in contact with me. now I can do what ever I want".

In your case, he broke up so I would not recommend doing that. However, if you run into him accidentally on some road or university or shop then you can congratulate him say something: "hey I heard you did win xxxxx...congratulations". As stated above, a dedicated contact may send a wrong message.

1|0
    0|0
    • I meant it as an acknowledgment thing, but you're probably right, he'd probably take it the wrong way. Specially after the way we stopped contact last time, maybe we would just insult me this time. Or maybe he forgot all about me. They say it happens to some guys.

Anyway, thanks for your comment!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• no not really I wouldn't bother to contact an ex not something I'd see much point in doing

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn't do that. Contacting an ex will just make the girl get the wrong idea.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Don't contact him

1|0
    0|0
  • i wouldnt, even if I broke up with him. I would never keep contact with an ex.

1|0
    0|0
  • no, I wouldn't waste my time for that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why bother? You announcing to him that you 'saw the win' will not change how happy he is about it. It will just appear that you are desperate for a reason to get a hold of him.

1|0
    0|0
    • Ouch. Guess that's another wake up call.

• Sorry dear did not intend to hurt you. I'm just a straight shooter!

• Truth hurts, haha. Actually I appreciate the honesty =)

Recommended myTakes