How to not get jealous of couples?

I'm going to a party tomorrow and my friend is going to be there with her boyfriend. They had broken up briefly but I'm sure they'll be back together soon. He came to surprise her at work today and she told me they were acting all lovey-dovey with each other. I'm sure they'll act that way tomorrow. I don't want to be jealous of what's happening to her--I'm happy that he wants to try to get her back and he's showing he still cares for her. But I am jealous. I don't want that to show tomorrow but I know I'm going to see them all over each other. What can I do to make sure that I don't look sad about what I see once I'm there?

I haven't been in a relationship in a year and haven't been interested in anyone enough to let them pursue me. I just want to not care when I see people around me in love. I don't want it to affect me.How do I not feel jealous? (And please don't give me: "you have to will yourself to not be jealous" because I don't think that will help soon enough).

32

Most Helpful Guy

• I struggle with this myself. I'm 24 years old and have never had a girlfriend. I've been turned down by every girl I've ever liked. It's hard to go places with my friends and their girlfriends. It even gets hard to go in public anywhere where there are young couples. It's taken a lot of effort to start going to those places and wish couples luck when I see them. It's so easy to turn bitter, love is such a powerful force, and wanting love but being unable to find it can easily corrupt you. The only advice I can tell you is to go to the party and wish them luck. It won't be easy, but you'll feel better after you do, and who knows, maybe you'll meet a boyfriend at the party. I wish you luck.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE