How do men feel about dating a single mum?

I'm a 24 year old woman, recently separated and getting a divorce, I have 2 boys aged one and 2, my ex husband is very involved in their lives and is an excellent Dad. I go to college full time, home studying a separate diploma, I go to the gym and swimming 6 days a week and I work weekends when I'm not doing that I'm with my babies and friends. I'm really out going, ambitious and always happy and I like a good laugh. Would the fact that I have 2 children and I'm always busy be a massive turn off to men? I'm not really concerned about having a boyfriend right now but in the future I don't want to be alone forever. Also I never want to get married again or have any more children, I might consider living with someone again but Id properly be more happy I'm a relationship with someone if we lived separately. Is this a massive turn off to?

310

Most Helpful Guy

• it depends on who are you dating. First I think someone with children will bond and also will understand you better since they've been there done that, they will need to leave you for a few hours on the weekend or whatever to deal with his own children etc.. you can get a young guy who doesn't have children but you will need to work your magic like crazy to drive him crazy to be with you for the long term and that takes time it seems you're very busy. I do think it is a turn off for someone without children that is really into you to swallow that because dudes have needs too, some of us are very clingy (like on you 24/7 if you are within my field of view), some of us want kids of our own, the sex is also important like I don't just want I need my girl to do me at least every other day and would love her to do me at least once a day. bottom line from my experience (no children) I would date a woman with children but I would consume most of her time, I'm extremely high maintenance, long showers, gym time, grooming time, beauty sleep, shopping, etc. (no I'm not gay, just like to be looking good for my chick it makes me feel confident) then on top of that the sex which I also need all the time not everyone is like me but do you understand? the living separately is not a turn off at all but I do think that boyfriends without children will not last unless they cannot have children