You don't need to tell your partner a resons for why you want to break up?

Agree or disagree? you can just break up and never tell your partner a reason?

106

Most Helpful Girl

• Disagree. Of course no one "has" to give a reason but I think that's unfair to the person being broken up with. It would leave them with a lot of wondering about what they did wrong and why this person didn't want to be with them anymore. They should at least be given a reason so that maybe it's something they can fix so that it won't ruin their next relationship.

• But that's part of who they are. Why would you encourage them to "fix" it, just because you weren't strong/kind/empathetic/whatever enough to accept or even appreciate that characteristic?

• People break up with others for a multitude of reasons. Maybe it's a certain way a person acts that hinders the relationships (controlling, obsessive, etc.) and those things will likely ruin future relationships, those are at least things someone can work on if they want to. But if they aren't given a reason then they'll never know. But yes, it does depend on the individual.

• Anyway, you have your opinion and I have mine. And that's it.