Am I a cheat? Should I blame myself so much?

Hi everyone, I am in search of good advice on my issue. I had been dating with my boyfriend for 3 months when he went to the army for 2 years. I was 19 then, so I promised to wait. I saw him 4 times in 2 years, and after 1.5 years of his absence we had a quarrel and I wasn't feeling good. It was then that I started seeing one of my best male friends more often and we ended up spending several nights in my appartment - there was no sex, we wre kissing and hugging, and lying together, but we didn't have sex. After this we stopped seeing each other but we were talking on Skype Because this guy is a really close friend whom I treasure but he is madly in love with me. In a week's time we fixed everything with my boyfriend and I went on waiting for him. We are having a wondrrful relationship and are planning our wedding. I don't see or talk to the other guy, and I love my boyfriend so much, but guilt makes we so sad! I feel like I have cheated him badly! And I hate myself. What shall I do?

I should add that I did tell my boyfriend that it happened , but I didn't tell him it lasted for several days. He forgave it to me. And another thing, the two years are already gone, by boyfriend has been back for 2 months, so happened about 8 months ago

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I always get so many downvotes when I bring up spiritual well-being next to emotional well-being, but for anyone who has experienced deep inner release down to their core will know that the two go hand in hand.

You got your boyfriend's forgiveness. Good. This was necessary.

You didn't tell him it lasted longer, but he knows enough that you emotionally cheated on him and he forgave on that point so more lavish details are not needed.

You didn't have sex. Good.

You set the other guy straight. Good. This was also necessary.

Now there are only two things remaining for you to do.

1. Get forgiveness from God.

2. Then forgive yourself.

This will make you feel better and help you to put it past you permanently.