Would you say that Girls move in with their bfs more than guys move in with their Gfs?

I tend to see girls moving in with their boyfriend way more than the opposite.

Do you think this is true? or no? And if so, why do you think that is? is this another 'gender roles' thing? like girls are 'supposed' to move in?
  • Yes, girls do move in with their bfs way more than guys movie in with their gfs
    Vote A
  • No, actually I've noticed the opposite
    Vote B
  • Actually, I've seen about the same
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No. It's always either because of

1. The girl doesn't trust the guy alone so she feels she needs to move in to keep a watch on him 24-7

Or because

2. The girl feels so close to the man that she can't see herself alone so she decides to move in with him so she never has to

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• i'm pretty sure they move in the place that works best for them financially,the place that is more practical. most couples I know tend to live with their parents,then when they find a partner they get a place together. I doubt any couple would pass on a great place the female has just because of gender roles.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is almost always like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's always been that way

0|0
    0|0
  • girls usually move in with the guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Every couple I've known that moved in together, including my parents -

Either the man moved in with the woman or they found a different place to call their own.

I've personally never seen a woman move into a man's place.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• I only see girls moving in with their BFs if they are moving out of their parents' house. Or if the girl wants to not pay for things (or thinks they won't have to) lol... usually I see it more the guy moving into a girl's place because she's "happy where she is" and little princesses have to have their way -_- only rarely do I see them both move outta their place into a new one together.

0|0
    0|0
  • cant say for sure, but I know a girl who had her boyfriend move in with her when she's still living with her mom. she ended up geting pregnant by this guy and he doesn't even have a job and he already has a kid who he never sees. I hear this all the time, good girls falling for losers/jobless bums, what's the attraction? its mind boggling. too many women throwing away their lives for dead beat losers

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you might be pretty close with the gender roles bit. If a guy moves in with a girl they tend to look whipped, but women have been moving in with guys since the invention of a monarchy. It may not even be a concious thing, more of a "that's the way it's supposed to be, right?" kinda deal

0|0
    0|0
    • I can see what you mean. In my situation my Boyfriend asked me to get a 2 bedroom apartment with him. Now after a few months he says he doesn't want to pay to live somewhere and backed out even though it was HIS idea. I never thought of or pressured him in anyway. Its strange. Even when I say I'll pay rent till he's more comfortable financially he's still never there he stays in an RV...wtf

• It's always been about the same from what I've seen, or they move in together. But I am a student atm and it's usually the females with the jobs :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Either girl moves in or they get a place together is what I've seen.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's quite true. As we see, most girls still live with their parents so when they get bfs, they get a sense of adventure and freedom so they do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably yes.. Though here in Greece when a couple get married the girl is supposed to provide a house

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes