Why did my ex say this?

I dated this girl for about six months last year. I broke up with her because I had been in a really long relationship before her, and I just wasn't ready for another one. I definitely think that she was more into me than I was into her. She contacted a few times after the break up, but I never responded. So, its been a year since we broke up. We recently hung for the first time since the break up. She came over to my place, and we ended up making out. Nothing else happened beyond that though. Right before she left she said that she had to take a shower to wash the Nick (me) off her. Then she said it took her three months after we broke to get all the Nick off her before, and that she had to exfoliate a lot.Why did she say this, and do you think its rude?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you broke her heart when you broke up with her and she may be resentful, I don't think it was rude though. I would be careful how you treat her so that you don't lead her on.

I'm curious if 'not being ready' is real. My ex was fresh out of a 5 year relationship when I met him and we dated for 3 months, he broke thing off twice because he felt he wasn't ready. He even said he feels he can't make anyone happy when he's not happy himself. Do you think he's depressed and not over his ex? I guess I'm just wondering why you guys feel like your not ready for anything when you meet an obviously awesome girl. Why fight it? Or is it something more subconscious at work?