Have you ever had a hard time getting over a guy you never had a relationship with?

Long story short, my life hasn't been that great, I grew up in a disfunctional family that has brought me anxiety and depression, no childhood memories besides hanging out by myself and with only one other friend of 20 years (who no longer speaks to me because she is busy with her Boyfriend all the time). My cousins were way older than me, so we never really played. Always had a difficult relationship with my sister. Growing up, guys never liked me, ever. I would crush on guys and never once did they ever like me back. Now I'm older and very confident in myself, love myself, and am chased by men. I fell for one guy that was amazing, yet he didn't feel the same. A year passed by as I tried to get over him and finally! I met this one other guy. He made me feel so much better, so happy, so excited. We talked for a few weeks, then he disappeared and came back after 4 months, and my life was happy again. I never felt so much happiness. We were never together, but we talked and went on a couple dates. It was so amazing, that its stayed in me forever. Anyways, he is no longer interested. Its been over a year now, and I still can't move on from the fact that he doesn't like me. Everyday I feel so demotivated, don't want to do fun activities, don't want to go out and do things I like. I feel like he was my only piece of happiness in the life I've lived. How can I be happy again? I've tried for over a year! I feel so stupid and am embarrassed to say it. Have you ever felt this way?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I'm having a very difficult time getting over a girl I was only ever friends with. 7 years ago, I fell in love with her. When I told her how I felt about her, she friend zoned me. Since then, I've tried to get over her dozens of times. I just can't forget about her. Everytime I think I've forgotten about her, I'll have a dream about her or something, and I'll be right back to thinking about her all the time. Unfortunately she's going to be marrying somebody else in less than a month, a guy who has anger issues and drinks and drives at that. I want her to be happy, even if it's not with me, and she seems happy with him, but I fear that she doesn't know these things about him and that he might hurt her one of these days. I don't know what to do. The pain is excruciating. I'm not sure that I'm going to survive her wedding day, at least not emotionally, I fear my heart will be broken into too many pices for any girl out there that might want to be with me to ever repair it. I've been spending a lot of time on Girls Ask Guys in order to try and keep her off my mind, helping other people has proven to be a decent distraction.

Anyways, I hope that things work out for you. I'll say a prayer for you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Aw you seem so sweet. I'm so sorry that you're also going through this. She seems to have picked the wrong guy. In this case, it should have been you. I guess all we can do is wait. Thanks for your sharing your experience.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes