Guys when you say want space/time is that your way of breaking up with someone?

My guy said he wants space/time and some of my friends think that means he broke up with me and others think we are still together... so which is it? and I would just ask him but I agreed to give him space

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know wanting space , sort of means needing a break or time to think , not necessary a break up but could lead to one if after having some "space" he decides to move on , it is a sign your relationship is having some issues for sure if he needs space

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• There's not enough info there to be able to tell you for sure.

Did anything unusual happen before he said it?

Did you have an argument/misunderstanding before then?

Is there stress in his life from work/family/school?

Did anyone in his life die or become ill recently?

There are too many things that could be the reason for him needing space. Update with what you can and maybe one of us can help you out.

0|0
    0|0
    • he lost someone close to him and said we needed to talk and that's when he told me he wanted space and time

• Show All
    • My feelings exactly... my now ex boyfriend is going through a similar thing. High stress, and he shuts everyone out. He even broke up with me because he couldn't handle the 'pressure' of a relationship, even though nothing was wrong in our relationship. Send that text, give him space, if he texts you reply, but in the meantime take care of you, hang out with friends. When you guys do talk, try to be positive and supportive. Good luck!

• i'm sorry that sucks but thanks! I'm going to wait awhile b4 saying anything though... like on my birthday Saturday

• Personally I think he did break up with you. But my advice would be to give him the space he wants but not to much. All guys need their space and boundaries but just telling you straight off in my opinion was insensitive. If he shows signs of being loose I would suggest you confront him about your status as a couple. If it is indeed true that that was his way of breaking up with you rest easy knowing that the guy didn't deserve you.

1|1
    0|0
  • Typically it can lead to a breakup. People think things over when they are apart. You can have a great date with someone, but be thinking it over when you get home. It really depends on the relationship.

Ask if the relationship has involved too much time spent together. Maybe it needs some balancing.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. What is this? We don't speak in riddles. We mean those words by their dictionary definitions. If I want to break up with you. I just say it. This shouldn't be a confusing thing at all. Men are very straight forward.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask if the "space" he wants is to see other people. If he delays answering by more than 1.5 seconds and/or the answer is anything other than "NO" then he's breaking-up with you.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never had to say it before but no I doubt it means he's breaking up with you. you might just be getting clingy or he want's room to breath.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. When guys say that, they mean exactly what they say.

But when girls say it, they usually mean they want to break up and lack the courage to do it.

This is where the confusion comes from. Girls know they don't mean it, and wonder if guys do or don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, we just need a temporary break from the relationship for the long term.

0|1
    1|0

What Girls Said 1

• I feel like I need space from my boyfriend. It's because I live with him and see him everyday. Plus we just moved in together, the two of us, for school, had to quit our jobs so we're home everyday. I don't want to break up with him I just feel the need to clear my mind and be alone.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes