Could you respect someone that knowingly helped someone cheat on their significant other?

The man who sleeps with a married woman.

The woman who sleeps with a married man.

The guy that has sex with the girl who has a boyfriend.

The girl that has sex with the guy that has a girlfriend.

(Or anyone) that willingly & knowingly has sex with or pursues someone they know is committed.

We all know how people who cheat are viewed, but what about the people who they cheat WITH?

Do you have respect for these individuals? (Based on this merit alone)
  • Yes
  • No
  • It depends on the circumstances.
    Vote C

104

Most Helpful Girl

• No respect, no. I would not want to associate myself with such a person. I can only respect people who do that if they weren't aware of the circumstances, but since you specifically stated that they did it knowingly, I have to go with B.

I think there are two typical types of people who help other people cheat. 1) They are home wreckers. They either just enjoy creating drama and disaster wherever they go, or they're so selfish that they simply have to get the person they want without caring that this person is already taken. These are bad personality traits that might even affect their entire behavior. Who's to say that people who are like this won't treat their friends and family in the same, selfish way? And 2), they are people who claim that they were just "too weak to be able to resist". This is also a very bad personality trait. It makes me think that they'll flake out of just about anything if a better opportunity somehow emerges, possibly making them look like pure backstabbers in the process.

Either way, I have a hard time trusting people who are like this. No, nobody's perfect and we all have our baggage of mistakes, but personally, cheating or knowingly helping someone to cheat are deal breakers to me, and I don't wish to befriend or keep in touch such people.