Could you respect someone that knowingly helped someone cheat on their significant other?

The man who sleeps with a married woman.

The woman who sleeps with a married man.

The guy that has sex with the girl who has a boyfriend.

The girl that has sex with the guy that has a girlfriend.

(Or anyone) that willingly & knowingly has sex with or pursues someone they know is committed.

We all know how people who cheat are viewed, but what about the people who they cheat WITH?

Do you have respect for these individuals? (Based on this merit alone)
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • It depends on the circumstances.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No respect, no. I would not want to associate myself with such a person. I can only respect people who do that if they weren't aware of the circumstances, but since you specifically stated that they did it knowingly, I have to go with B.

I think there are two typical types of people who help other people cheat. 1) They are home wreckers. They either just enjoy creating drama and disaster wherever they go, or they're so selfish that they simply have to get the person they want without caring that this person is already taken. These are bad personality traits that might even affect their entire behavior. Who's to say that people who are like this won't treat their friends and family in the same, selfish way? And 2), they are people who claim that they were just "too weak to be able to resist". This is also a very bad personality trait. It makes me think that they'll flake out of just about anything if a better opportunity somehow emerges, possibly making them look like pure backstabbers in the process.

Either way, I have a hard time trusting people who are like this. No, nobody's perfect and we all have our baggage of mistakes, but personally, cheating or knowingly helping someone to cheat are deal breakers to me, and I don't wish to befriend or keep in touch such people.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• respect everyone, they may be a sh*thead in one area with there lives but arnt we all?

respect them with the things they do well and show dissaproval at the cheating

0|0
    0|0
  • They're both to blame - but sometimes the "other person" doesn't know the first person is married.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have no respect for those people by default...but I do believe that people can learn from their mistakes and can earn forgiveness.

0|0
    0|0
  • F*** no... that person is a d***... be they man or woman, they should suffer for it -_- it's bullsh*t that people think those people aren't responsible. They are. They are responsible to at least ask and learn about the person they are f***ing to make sure they aren't helping them cheat. If they do ask and that person lies to them, then that's a little less on them, but still they hold culpability. It's really stupid how much our society begins to think that responsibility and culpability are so narrow. It's often a wide array that are to blame.

But ya, awhile ago I asked a question similar to this

link

were some interesting responses.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• hell no... as you said, they KNOWINGLY do this, and its absolutely terrible...

a weak man or womans excuse is 'if I get asked for sex ofcourse ill give it. how can I possibly say no?!'

well it is possible...[CRAZY BUT TRUE lol]

if someone has dignity and respect towards others AND themselves, they would never allow such a terrible thing to happen that could easily destroy a relationship that was founded upon many years of love and, well... commitment=/

1|0
    0|0
  • Generally no, but it does kind of depend on the circumstances. Clearly it's always wrong but at the same time stuff happens. What if you were dating someone for ten years and you two break up, they get into another relationship and in a moment of weakness you two hook up because you still have feelings for one another. It's wrong yes, but it doesn't make you a bad person, it makes you human and humans make mistakes. So I voted C for that reason.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I don't respect cheaters and I don't respect people who help them cheat.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like it at all. I hate it but I try not to judge other people.

0|0
    0|0
  • It takes two hands to make things happen, I won't have respect for both.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't respect cheaters one bit!

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • I respect them as I respect any other person but that's not someone that id necessarily want to date. I try not to judge because I don't know the reasoning they had or where they were in their lives that would cause them to do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I usually lose respect for people when I learn of such things.

Ultimately, they're not trustworthy, so I try to keep my distance. Same with the cheaters.

These people are usually all drama and complete liars... who can respect that?

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes