6 months since my break up

So it's been 6 months since me and my ex broke up. we had some contact a couple months ago so she could get some stuff back. She invited me out to lunch to catch up. Then started NC again. Last time I heard from her was a happy birthday last month.

I'm doing WAY better than I was a few months ago. I get the urge to text her every now and then but refrain from doing so. I just haven't had the urge to date at all after my last relationship. I've been very guarded in terms of letting girls fall for me. I've had a couple opportunity's but I threw them away.

I just can't seem to get my mind off my ex when I find another girl who I might be interested in. I compare them and think about my ex. How long does it really take someone to get completely over their ex so they can truly open up to another?

11