6 months since my break up

So it's been 6 months since me and my ex broke up. we had some contact a couple months ago so she could get some stuff back. She invited me out to lunch to catch up. Then started NC again. Last time I heard from her was a happy birthday last month.

I'm doing WAY better than I was a few months ago. I get the urge to text her every now and then but refrain from doing so. I just haven't had the urge to date at all after my last relationship. I've been very guarded in terms of letting girls fall for me. I've had a couple opportunity's but I threw them away.

I just can't seem to get my mind off my ex when I find another girl who I might be interested in. I compare them and think about my ex. How long does it really take someone to get completely over their ex so they can truly open up to another?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• It depends with each person. You're not ready to date again but you will able to soon. I feel that you need to start liking women based on their individual personality and that will take time. It usually takes me an upgrade to get over my ex (which is how I found the right guy). You don't think about it at that moment, but in the most realistic sense of what "the right one" is ,she isn't it. I mean, if you found something that was absolutely perfect for you, would you leave it to gamble?

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Well, 6 months sound like a good time span to get over your ex, although it's understandable if you take longer. But in the end, it all really depends on you. If your ex still keeps popping up in your head every time you meet a potential girlfriend, you are not giving the new girl or yourself the chance to start a relationship. So just stop comparing your ex with new girls. Every girl is a different planet, and the joy of meeting someone new is discovering new things, and finding different stuff that your previous relationship didn't have.

It all comes down to realizing that your ex is not the only girl in the world, that you're worthy of any other girl, and that, by letting the memory of your ex have this effect in you, you're probably losing the chance to meet the right girl for you. And trust me, I had the same question as you some time ago and it took me way longer than necessary for this to hit me.

Enjoy dude, let go of the past.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes