Do you sometimes cry yourself to sleep?

I have been betrayed very bad by my ex boyfriend. We spilt up in March. I still cry myself to sleep at night. I need help and is this normal break up behavior

Updates:
I just wanted to thank everybody for the help and support. I went our last night. I feel so much better now. Thank you stay blessed

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Crying is our way of letting pent up emotion out. Never be ashamed of crying, because your body probably needs an outlet. People take a varying amount of time to get over someone. Situational depression is very common when dealing with a break-up, or loss of a family member.

Over time, things will begin to fade, and the hurt you are feeling now will subside. It does help to talk it out though, and I do not mean over the internet. Are you close with your parents or a sibling, or do you have a close friend you can confide in with regards to your feelings. A problem shared is a problem halfed, and just knowng that someone understands what you are going through can be an amazing weight lifted off your shoulders.

Cocoon yourself with people who love you, respect and care for you. Don't be hard on yourself, and think of somethning to do in your freetime that will keep any negative thoughts at bay, my mode of preoccupation. =)

3|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Nice answer. Sounds like something a counselor would say. Are you interested in psychology perhaps?

• Thank you, angel. I did a bit of studying :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Oh, I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better. Get well soon:)

Betrayal hurts, so it makes sense that you would cry. After all, you feel hurt by someone who you gave trust to. Just remember. That is only one guy. Not all guys are like that. Even though he betrayed you, try to pick yourself up and move on from him. He's no good for you.

It makes sense that you would cry though. It means that you care about others. Crying makes you human. And yes, I have done that in the past. Sometimes you cry when others aren't around, because you don't want them to see. Just remember though. Sometimes if you keep all your pain inside, it gets to be too much, so if it hurts too much, try to find in someone who can make you feel better.

2|0
    0|0
  • nope

0|0
    0|0
  • well I do get called ugly or get rejected by every woman I talk to , I've never been hugged or smiled at by a girl , but since I am a guy I am not allowed to , but I wish my life would end soon

0|1
    2|1

What Girls Said 13

• sometimes. I usually sleep really well after. good stress relief :)

link

^this calms me down these days...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it is very normal. However, you need to stand up and keep going, you have no time to waste. You need to heal your heart, forgive him from the bottom of your heart, and let him go. You need to talk about it with someone, otherwise it becomes a tie to your heart and soul. Finally, if you are a believer just bring your heart to the Lord and he will heal your heart by filling it up with his love and peace.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's normal. I cried myself to sleep for weeks and weeks...maybe even months after my break up and leading up to it (since I knew he planned on breaking up with me...long story).

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh yes. For different reasons but yes. When you break up with someone you love/have feelings for it's like a mini bereavement. It will take time. Keep yourself as busy and occupied as you possibly can. Surround yourself with your friends and family as much as you can. Life can be such a bitch I know!

0|0
    0|0
  • I had before but when it continue for too long I told myself I wanted thr bubbly me back and decided to stand up again. Crying makes us humans indeed, and crying is a form of avenue for us to release our hurt, anger and frustrations. Don't forget hold too much inside as it isn't good for health. Remember you will emerge stronger after each difficult situation, hang in there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Distraction is one of the biggest allies a person can have when in grief. Keep busy is the key. And what I said below friends, family etc. You will still have bad days but they will become less and less as time goes on. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes, yes. Rarely, but yes. It's usually because I'm feeling extremely emotional from something happening. So I totally know how you're feeling and where you're coming from. It's been 4 months since your break up and I'm thinking your mind is still going to be on him and everything that happened. It depends on the person when it comes to getting over something - some people get over things quicker, while others take a while. Just remember that for every heart break that you go through, you are just that much closer to finding the right person. It's okay to cry, hun. Everyone does! Even those that don't admit it. You have to pick yourself up again and try your very best to be strong.

Message me if you need anything! :) xoxo

0|0
    0|0
  • It happens. I do it too sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah a couple of times in the past but luckily I've gotten over it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do but not for the same reason. Its actually very therapeutic for me. Once I get it out I feel better.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's grief. We all handle it in our own way. But yes I often cry myself to sleep due to despair as a result of low self-esteem and general psychological problems I have been left with after leaving my emotionally abusive ex and meeting other hurdles along the way to recovery. You will eventually be too tired to cry any more. Then you will start to recover your strength. During this period you might start to cry again for other reasons until you grab a hold of yourself and shake yourself out of it. It's not a short process but part of life and it will pass and make you a more compassionate person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone called me ugly way back I middle school and I pondered on it, and cried for an hour before bed.

0|1
    0|1
    • ha noob , I get called ugly by more than half the girls I try to talk to :/ god I hate my life

• Noob? Come on, have some compassion, mantobee. Everybody has a different level of tolerance. How would you like it if some guy who could handle more pain than you torture you about how you can't handle as much pain as him?

• ikr like wtf

Recommended myTakes