How do I get married? I just want to get married.

I'm honestly sick of relationships and high hopes. I just wasted 3 years on my ex. He got everything from me, sex, love companionship. I wasn't focused too muh on marriage but I thought it would eventually happen. I don't want to waste more time and years from my life on some loser who won't marry me! I just want someone who will stay, I will put up with him. I'm 21 now, cute nice girls who's just graduated. What am I doing wrong :(

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, for starters, it seems like you're treating sex, love, and companionship as some "gift" you're giving to a guy, and then expecting "marriage" in return.

Do you really want a guy to ask you to marry him out of reciprocity? You really want him to want to spend the rest of his life with you because he feels guilty, or in order to return "the favor" you did for him by having sex with him? I know girls who think that way, and they all work the corners of 42nd Street between 10pm - 4am.

Next, if you honestly feel that sex, love, and companionship is some favor you're doing for the guy, then maybe it's a good thing you and that guy never got married. When you're with the right guy, sex is something you're both getting, love is something you're both getting, and companionship is something you're both getting. You don't "owe" each other anything, because you're both giving and getting roughly equally.

If you don't enjoy the guy's sex, love, and companionship, then why would you expect him to marry you?

Yeah, I think you're approaching it very wrong.

Guys aren't put on this earth as a social welfare policy for women. Their purpose isn't to find some woman, marry her, and then take care of her for the rest of her life. They get married because they're in love, and that's what society has fed them as a social script they need to follow when they're in love ... "ugh, I'm in love, what do people do when they're in love? oh, well, I guess they get married. I don't know why that makes sense, but it's what other people do, so I guess it's time for me to do it too." That's the most honest rationale for why guys get married.