Short hair but not deflecting men away?

I always thought guys preferred long hair. After breaking up with my boyfriend I decided to change everything and lopped off my hair to a pixie cut. I thought that would also help me avoid guys while I'm "recovering" from my ex but I've been getting a lot of attention. (Plus I just like having short hair) Girls compliment it which I expected because that tends to happen but boys have been hitting on me more. Which is no beuno for me right now. What's the deal? My dad said that now I will look like a lesbian! ha ha but that hasn't been the effect
  • I like short hair on girls
    Vote A
  • I like long hair, they're on crack
    Vote B
  • I think it just is coincidence
    Vote C
  • I pee in the shower sometimes
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer long hair but you look quite fetching in short hair as well.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• Nope. A lot of guys like the pixie cut. I think it's cute, but it depends on if the girl can make it work for her.

I used to do swim class in high school, so I buzzed it. When I did, girls were fascinated with it (not the right girls, lol).

Are they being creepy when they hit on you? I think you'll have to find another way to fend them off (hopefully without having to resort to being nasty. Nastiness is a last resort if the guy isn't being a perv).

There was a time I considered shaving my head. People told me a shaved head was going to make me look like a Nazi or a skinhead. I don't think so.

My dad once told me that if I grew a mustache, I'd look "like a (expletive deleted) dirty hippy." He wasn't joking around, either (he despises hippies, as well as many other people). Some people make the weirdest associations and assumptions. A mustache makes you a hippy? And I don't think many people think that way.

Of course, it could be something else guys see in you; or if they've known you for very long, if they now know you're single... It might not just be the hair. Of course, all you can do is keep living your life, be safe, and when you're ready to date you'll knock 'em dead.

Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • I picked D, but not because you have short hair, I was just being honest...

Short hair or long hair, guys will always be attracted to girls. You look cute with short hair, haven't seen a pic of you with long but you'd still be cute. Your face seems to have a nice shape along the jaw line and you have a pretty neck. Sometimes that isn't as evident if a girl has long hair that covers or distracts from these areas. Glad you're enjoying your current style! :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Because you are gorgeous . The short hair works on you

2|0
    0|0
    • Thanks! I think it looks cute and I thought girls would notice but I thought it'd be a turn off for guys but they seem more interested. I've concluded it's because I'm more confident now that I just don't care

• Not giving a f*** is always a good policy.

• It just makes every day less stressful. It's not like I don't care if I let myself go I just don't care if others like my appearance or not. It makes me happy if they do but if they don't then that's fine.

• I think in general men prefer longer hair.

Having said that most men aren't picky at all. Even obese women get hit on a lot. Having short hair isn't going to stop them hitting on you. Try not washing for a month and dressing like a tramp, even then homeless men will hit on you lol.

1|2
    1|0
  • I like girls with short hair. You look really great with that haircut!

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't really don't like short hair on girls, but plenty of my friends do, so I don't think it's as uncommon as you might think.

In the end, if you have a vagina, guys will hit on you.

0|0
    0|0
  • if I could pick I would pick long hair but short hair can look good on a woman here link it let's her face be more noticable and on the show at least for me samantha carter seems to be more expressive.

the actors name is amanda tapping.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think your mistake was doing something with a hidden reason. That leads to people over-analyzing everything that everyone does. From now on, do something because you want to do it, not because you predict it'll have a certain effect or send a certain subconscious psychological message, because it may accidentally send the opposite message.

PS: For what it's worth, I prefer short hair on girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends if the girl can pull off the look, there have been times where I have seen girls that should of let their hair grow, but for the most part I like girls that have short hair, heck my first crush on a girl had short hair, oh by the way you look good, take care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer long hair, but it can look cute to see a girl with short hair too. And, hell, doesn't matter what you look like as a girl, someone will want to be with you at some point at least sexually. Probably more.

0|0
    0|0
  • I won't speak for guys as a whole, but I prefer--always prefer--short hair over long hair on a woman. It doesn't deflect away from her, but quite the contrary, had I been able to get attracted to her face.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer girls to have long hair (at least shoulder length) however that does not mean that I would never consider a girl with short hair. Maybe there is something else about you besides the hair guys like?

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer longer hair, but if you've got a nice face and body, short hair is easily forgiven.

Maybe guys sense that you are single. It's probably just a coincidence.

0|0
    0|0
  • Short hair is fine, long just tends to look better. A pretty girl can even pull off being bald though.

3|1
    0|0
  • I love LONG(mid back) THICK hair. Short hair is a total turn off for me. On a scale of 1-10...1

0|0
    3|0
  • not really, I don't ever remember seeing a girl and saying to my friends, "did you see the hair on that girl, dammnn!" Its the other parts we look at.

0|0
    0|1
  • its because your very beautiful. wonder what you look like with hair

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I definitely wouldn't ask you out or anyone with hair like that. Not to mention hair is too short. I don't like short hair. Honestly that really isn't a good hairstyle, looking at it as a guy I would think what the hell was she thinking.

But just because guys prefer long hair doesn't mean many guys still wouln't find girls in short hair attractive. Preference will always be long hair for majority of guys. If you can get guys to be brutely honest majority of them would say your hair doesn't look appealing.

I however would rarely notice a girl in short hair.

0|0
    1|0
  • I prefer all types of hair but sometimes short hair can be very sexy depending on the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most guys dont, but some girls do look good with short hair, but very few. Maybe it's your attitude, you seem fun based on your poll.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's more to do with how you look with short/long hair and whether you can pull it off or not. Some girls look really good with short hair. Others not so much. But (and I'm sure you don't need me to tell you this because you've already received so many compliments with this question) you look very attractive with short hair so you have nothing to worry about. Actually you do. You wanted to deflect men but the opposite has happened. Besides, why do girls assume guys prefer long hair. That's a myth. Short hair is just as attractive. I mean, take a look at Ashley Judd. Very sexy.

0|0
    0|0
  • oh that explains it. I was wondering "wtf did she do to her hair?"

unless they look like complete sh*t, guys are going to hit on girls. don't be surprised.

1|1
    0|0
    • I like short hair anyways. And I don't live my life to please guys. If they don't like it too bad

• Well you're very good looking so its going to be tough to make yourself unattractive and not appeal to guys

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha I can't gain weight either. Maybe shave my eyebrows off

• Show All
    • Buy a fake mustache and put it on. If men still hit on you I'm afraid there's nothing else you can do lol

• I only smoke smokin hot Brazilian crack, I rarely pee in the shower, no such thing as a coinkidink and I hate short hair on girls but if a girl looks great with short hair then she must be a beauty so feel blessed my furry friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it not really I like long or short hair it if it suites the girl or not

2|1
    0|0
    • I agree. I look OK with long hair but better with short. I hate how girls grow their hair just for guys when it doesn't even Molokai good on some of them.

What Girls Said 14

• Dude, you are very pretty. With your face you can even pull off the "globe" hairless look. That's an hyperbole but w.e. My point is that with the face you have, you will ALWAYS get a lot of attention. I still think every girl looks way more attractive with longer hair though. However, you can easily pull it off.

2|1
    0|0
    • Thank you very much. I disagree all girls look better though because my friend has thin fine hair and she is petite and looks way better with her a line. But thanks for the compliment!

• No problem!:)

• Damn, you're gorgeous. Short hair really fits you. I guess I can relate. I'm rocking a short haircut myself and I love it. I guess guys like different things, but at the end of the day, attractive is attractive. Long hair, short. Doesn't matter.

1|1
    0|0
    • Thanks girl. I am more comfortable with my hair short. Maybe that's a factor. But I'm trying to be single get myself together!

• It really, really depends on the overall face of the girl. Girls with very refined, soft features can look feminine with short hair and I think you're one of them. It all comes down to face structure and you seem to pull it off. You're very lucky, not all girls can do that :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a girl and I chopped my hair off really short too (though not for any particular reason, it was just getting heavy), and it was the same for me. I've been getting more attention from guys than before (especially from the right kind of guys if you know what I mean) even though girls used to compliment me on my hair all the time (I have very thick, brown, wavy and healthy hair). I also think it's super weird, but I'm not complaining.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some guys like short hair and it looks really good on you, but that's not the reason. You seem to be much more confident with short hair and you probably give off the "I don't care about anyone's opinion" vibe, which automatically makes you sexier. Some women who chop off their hair notice a huge decline in male attention, myself included, because they don't feel more confident with it. You do, so use it to your advantage.

0|0
    0|0
  • You look great with short hair, that could be a reason;)

1|1
    0|0
  • you look good and maybe it attracts attention because it's rare

0|0
    0|0
  • You look good with this pixie cut, not many girls can carry it well :)

0|0
    0|0
  • You look great with short hair that is why.

0|0
    0|0
  • Youre really pretty that's the reason it doesn't make a difference.But for some girls...they NEED to have something going for them so it might as well be...long hair if they are not blessed in the looks department.Just being real.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel as long a a girl is pretty<guys don't mind if you have short hair or long hair.Thats it.period.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have a beautiful face.no homo but you're really pretty and the short cut just draws attention to your amazing bone structure. Also it helps that your cut is cute and stylish, not frumpy like a middle aged house Frau who just have up or a lesbian who doesn't care about being cute.

And this is coming from a girl who overwhelmingly prefers long hair. Its just working.some girls can pull it off really well like Rihanna but it ain't for everybody

0|0
    0|0
  • U want to look unattractive? Don't wear makeup.

0|0
    0|0
    • The pic where I'm eating soup I wasn't wearing makeup. Except with the eyeshadow I don't look very different.

• My statement still stands. If you want to look unattractive and not get hit on in public, it helps to not wear makeup, obviously.

• You'd look pretty no matter what you do to your hair. The rest of us don't have that luxury.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes