Why do people cheat?

Just out of curiosity, are there people on GaG who have cheated on their significant others? Was the cheating deliberate or did it just happen? What did you do after you cheated?

On a side note, what do you think would constitute as cheating in the first place? Is it purely about physical intimacy with another person, or would sharing personal stuff with another person (a friend calls this the "emotional mistress") count already?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• People cheat because their current partner doesn't completely Satisfy them. Most people are willing to compromise, but sometimes there are one or 2 things that are important to both partners and they would rather cheat than to break up over one thing e.g Guy might find sex important whereas girl is waiting for marriage. Both are important to each person so instead of being unhappy the guy will get his sex somewhere else. It is wrong but if happens. It is difficult in this day and age to find someone who meets the majority of your expectations so people are willing to cheat thasn to search for someone else

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • This is why there are prenups and private detectives :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I think there is a pretty universal rule for cheating, anything physically intimate because action in these cases does speak louder then words.

My freshmen year of college I cheated on my girlfriend once with an ex who I wasn't over and I felt awful. It was deliberate as much as felt it was the wrong thing to do. I broke up with my girlfriend the week after.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love to cheat! In fact, if I wasn't married I'd even cheat on my dog. I'd just walk around the neighbohood passin out his favorite doggy treats to mutts I'd never even seen before.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cheating can be physical or emotional. People cheat for all sorts of reasons, but at the core these people are selfish people who only care about themselves. I would say 50% of men cheat and 50 - 60% of women cheat.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Most of the time it's sex

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes