Does going through a divorce make you a bad person?

I ask this because I feel like a bad person. I'm divorcing my wife and I am almost 21 years old. I feel like when I tell people they think I'm a piece of trash for it. They do not understand and they ask why I didn't give it a chance. The thing is I gave it my all and so many chances to work.

Would you be deterred from talking to or dating a guy going through a divorce?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• No, sometimes people just jump into things without really even knowing each other. It's better to divorce when you realize the mistake you've made.

Admitting a mistake is one of the main signs of emotional maturity. Some traditional people don't accept divorce because they think it's morally wrong, but most people nowadays would think it's morally wrong to stay together when you're not compatible.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • thank you for not jumping down my throat. my reasons for divorce are not something small or petty and I know most people would not be in a marriage with someone who says they love you and that person hurts you beyond what you ever thought possible. I did not name specifics because there will always be divide when divorce is the issue, pro marriage people will always belittle those who divorce and same with the other side.

• thanks for the vote!