Ex ended 8yr relationship, does he still love me though?

My ex ended it 3 months ago while I was pregnant after being in Afghanistan since oct last year, no exact explanation, we have 2 girls together 2 1/2 and 10 weeks, without going on, I can't let go because he sends the wrong signals. He has not said he wants me back or loves me so I don't know if I am reading into it too much. Anyway he has the girls overnight in mine when I go out Because he has nowhere to take them, he Txs me while I'm out if I'm having fun,am I drunk still alive etc, even sent me a pic of himself, he play fights with me a lot, playfully joking insults me, I catch him staring at me there's loads more but will take forever to write... Basically am I reading into nothing and can he do all this and think he ain't flirting with me... Confused x
Also told him he can't stay at mine with the kids anymore because how am I supposed to move on and he cried...pulled himself together pretty quickly thou pretending like he never, wish he could just talk to me but he shrugs gets all defensive saying whatever and leaves like he won't let me move on...

12

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a very complicated situation. It seems that he still has feelings for you. The worst of it is you have no idea why he broke it off in the first place. So if he does have a change of heart, it's not at all clear what changed. That part seems key to me for getting a handle on what's happening. He doesn't seem to be the type who opens up about his emotions. Hopefully you can help him do this so you can know whether to move on or try to restore the relationship.