"The first two weeks are the hardest"

Im calling bs on this statement. I broke up with my ex three weeks ago and it's still horrible. I think about him and want to be with him all the time. I want his physical band emotional companionship. I day dream about him. I have to tell myself everyday I can't help him and he only brings me down. So how can I actually get better? Does this only stop sucking until I find another guy because I don't want a relationship for quite a while

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I know how you feel, girl. You're probably wondering how you'll get on with your life, right? But you've got to understand that you have to make YOURSELF happy. Depend on only yourself. Learning that will get you SO much farther in life. Remember that guys come and go but once you find the right one, you'll realize why it never worked out with anyone else. You're only a heartbreak closer to the right guy :) And most importantly, DON'T rush into another relationship just to get over your ex. I can't stress that enough. It will only cause more trouble down the road.

For now, focus your time on something else. Do you have a hobby? Hang out with friends. Focus on school? Do absolutely anything to get your mind off of him, but do not think that you need to find another guy immediately in order to get over him. The right guy will come along when the time is right. I know it's very cliche, but it's also very true. It'll happen when you least expect it and you'll be thankful that you waited rather than rushed into relationships with countless other guys. Stay positive love! xoxo

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Been there, done that. Seems like a bottomless pit of agony, but over time you'll get back to normal, though there's always a little piece of you back in the moment. It will make you a stronger person, though the price of admission is high. As they say, no pain, no gain.

2|3
    0|0
  • I'm going to be honest with you:

In my experience... All women say they are through with men for a while after a break up, but I give it less than two months before you at least start considering dating a specific guy.

Break ups work thusly:

Women start by crying and become progressively happier with the situation,

Men start by celibrating being single and become progressively sadder.

2|0
    0|0
  • You really have to put your time and mind into something else in order to forget and heal. I don't really agree or disagree with the statement. Really it all depends on you and what you want to do with your time.

You can be positive or negative about the situation. Try and be positive.

0|1
    0|0
  • It really depends on the person how long it´ll take getting over such things if they even get over it at all. It'll probably happen in time, but how much time will actually pass is unknown. For me, I have gotten over such things fairly quickly. But that's because I'm by nature someone who doesn't want to dwell on my past, so when things end, it's easier for me to accept that and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't get this, you broke up and you feel sad? Doesn’t make any sense, shouldn’t you be happy instead?

Emotions indicate to us how well aligned we are with out desires, so what were your intentions with the break-up?

Reason why you might feel bad is because it wasn’t what you wanted to do really.

Or perhaps you were forced to do it? Whatever the reason is, make sure you do it because it's right.

It’s good to listen to your own emotions sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
    • I most definitely did not want to but when you're dating a drug addict you have do do certain things you don't want to. He wasn't going to change. You can't live your life well just doing what you feel like

• Yeah, sometimes you love someone, but you have to cut them off. Especially when they're self destructive :(

• I still think about my Ex and its been 6 months. Maybe I am pathetic? anyway you are a drop dead beautiful girl. you have pick of the litter when you are ready.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care what anyone says, if you liked the person it's going to take months (Plural). Just expect it and accept it. And accept the fact that eventually those negative feelings will dissolve.

0|0
    0|0
  • Then get a new boyfriend and quit crying.

0|0
    3|0
    • Lol trolls are always p****** and go anonymous to say dumb sh*t like that.

• Show All
    • are you saying you want to see my balls?

• No I'm saying grow a pair sometime!

• well, what did you do before you met him? You did OK without a guy at that point right? perhaps there were hobbies or things you were doing that occupied your time.

Maybe you should do whatever those are, be it reading, focusing on school, or what have you.

0|1
    0|0
    • No I have always had a boyfriend through my teen years. It's not good but I need the companionship

• so there was no period between relationships?

What Girls Said 2

• It's going to suck for a long time. I'm sorry but it's the blunt truth. It's going to hurt, and you're going to cry. But one of these days you're going to realize that you're not as hurt as yesterday and that life is going on just find without him. Learn how to be by yourself. It sounds stupid but being in a relationship you no longer consider yourself as one. Once you learn to be happy with yourself that's when it gets better. And when you find yourself, the right guy with come along. It's like clock work. You're going t be okay, maybe not today or tomorrow but soon I swear on it. There's 7billion+ people in this world I promise your right guy is out there looking for you as you read this. :) good luck out there :)

(P.S. A song that gave me encouragement -A Little Bit Stronger by Sara Evans.-)

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't listen to people when they say just get a man. You like him. Time will heal. You like/love him so it may take some time

But you're so gorgeous, by the way. I'm actually kind of jealous You should become a model.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you so much. I'm much too short for modeling, 4'11" :'(

I did love him very much but I finally got the strength to delete his number last night! Friend me if we're not already? You're a dear

Recommended myTakes